NWN1 on WIN7?

Herculine

About a year ago I was playing NWN on Windows 7 Home Premium just fine, but after a year of Microsoft's wonderful updates now the game will not launch and I get a message stating that it is not compatible with this version of Windows.

I've tried running it in different compatibility modes but with no luck. (UAC is off; the game is not on a "C" drive.)

Anybody have any helpful suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated as I still have much of the game and its mods yet to play.

Try looking at this topic over on the Bioware forums.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Neverwinter-Nights-1/NwN-1-Technical-Support-Self-help-for-all-versions-and-expansions/Installing-NWN1-for-Win7vista-including-patch-links-for-all-OS--3341490-1.html

That's what I used for my installation on Win7, and it's working fairly well (except for some occasional crashing and water tearing :wacko: )

Thanks. The simple instructions there (things I should have thought of!) were exactly what I needed. The game is running fine now, in fact better than before as my cursor is no longer invisible in full-screen mode. Thanks!