Nexus Mods API released

Pickysaurus

I didn't like the user interface of Vortex when it was in beta and I don't like it any more now. I guess I'm going to have to get everything setup mod wise for my games with NMM and then image the drive before it potentially gets disabled.

Then again I still don't like the site redesign either, so what do I know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a blurb about the new API change at the GitHub NMM site. I wish someone would update it and confirm they are working on making NMM compliant or state they throwing in the towel and capitulating to Vortex. "Yeah, we give in. Let there be one manager to rule them all and to Nexus bind them".

• 2 weeks later...
In response to post #68268636.

votemarvel wrote:

I didn't like the user interface of Vortex when it was in beta and I don't like it any more now. I guess I'm going to have to get everything setup mod wise for my games with NMM and then image the drive before it potentially gets disabled.

Then again I still don't like the site redesign either, so what do I know.

... wah?

• 4 weeks later...

Would I be safe to assume that this is why I am suddenly unable to download anything through NMM? I am unable to login as of a couple hours ago, as it says that I cannot reach the Nexus login server. :C (Although it's still quite a few days away from the 13th...)

Would I be safe to assume that this is why I am suddenly unable to download anything through NMM? I am unable to login as of a couple hours ago, as it says that I cannot reach the Nexus login server. :C (Although it's still quite a few days away from the 13th...)

Probably. Looks like both legacy-API and the new API went down a few hours ago. In the meantime, you can still download files and manually add them to your manager.

Probably. Looks like both legacy-API and the new API went down a few hours ago. In the meantime, you can still download files and manually add them to your manager.

Yeah, I noticed that after some more poking around the forums. I prefer to keep them all in the NMM however, 'cause when I install them manually I have a tendency to forget to enable them once installed. ^ ^;; (And/or forget that I even installed them at all...) I'm glad it's not just NMM having issues though, as migrating to a new mod manager would not be pleasant with all the mods that I have set up, and finally have running cohesively.

• 2 weeks later...

the old NMM with its api update to 7.0 works file .. the API limit is a showstopper .. choosing. check mods for updates blows away the user rate limit in a single click. what I also saw is that 1 mod download is not 1 api request a whole lot more . downladed 2 mod update and one request for check all mods for updates and I am at 2303 from the 2500 and lost the 100 form that hour. This makes me fear for a reinstall + redownload of all mods when needed .

Can Vortex do all what NMM can and the transition how fluent goes that or is it not really a matter as you still run into the api limitations ?