Games That Can Last Hours

FlyIgnite

I have the same problem as OP. I need games that 'can take me away' for endless hours.

So far I've played Fallout 4 in about 5.637 hours.
It's mainly character creation that drives me. I've struggled to create a character I can relate to as well as replacements for Cait, Piper and Curie. I actually only finished the game completely a week ago :P

Besides from that I played:

1. Skyrim - 2.134 hours
2. Skyrim SE - 920 hours
3. Mass Effect (all three games) - around 1610 hours
4. Mass Effect Andromeda - 590
4. Dragon Age Inquisition - 1187 hours
5. Witcher 2 + 3 aprox. 630 hours.

I think online games are those who can satisfy you the most. I played Unreal Tournament for about 11 years in clans. But maybe I'm getting to old for this kind of social behavior? It doesn't appeal to me to debate with others and see no solution in the end. People both show the best and worst in these online environments.

I'm also looking for new games to play. BIG games with a HUGE world to dive into and forget the real world.
I was looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, despite the fantastic game I got frustrated because of the bad endings and literally ditched the game.
Now I look forward to the next Mass Effect, The Elderscrolls 6, Fallout 5 etc. There just don't seem to be any good alternative to the old games right now.

Well, you can play some of the newest Assassin's Creed game again, like Odyssey and Origins. I used 1007 hours on Odyssey alone. Well, it doesn't have character creation, but still...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Depends on whether you're talking a single playthru of over 500 hours, or a game with high replayability taking you there. Fallouts 3, NV & 4 can do the former, but less so the latter unless you play them like I do - mostly vanilla 1st run then replayed with varied loadouts and/or big mods. Easily two replays.

But I've played dozens of M2TW (Mediaeval 2: Total War) campaigns, thanks in part to Ancient as well as 16th and 17th century overhaul mods. And played several hundreds of Combat Mission series batlles (through Beyond Overlord, Barbarossa to Berlin, Afrika Korps). And I've played thousands of games of scrabble and chess on my little tablet thing... After my current FO4 playthru is over I'm actually going back to M2TW because with the new hardware I bought for FO4 (i7-3770 and gtx1050ti) I'm looking forward to playing much larger battles than my core-2-duo and gt730 ever managed!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Im bored af and need some games that can keep me interested past 500 hours. What games do you guys recommend that can be played for more than 500 hours.

I think any game will become repetitive after 500 hours. When you're done with one game, you're supposed to start a new one.

• 3 months later...

Tom Clancy Ghost recon wildlands and breakpoint are 2 good games and the online parts can easily last well over 500 hours.

Grand theft auto is another game that could last long but only if you don't mind messing around.

If you don't mind a challenge and dying then dark souls collection would be a great game to play