More realistic snipers?

TheDarkPhoenixHasRisen

Hello,

Is it possible to create a mod that will make using a sniper more realistic with these specific parameters?

1)

When an npc is shot using a sniper rifle with a silencer, and if the player is a certain distance away from said target and there are other npcs near the target (depending on the distance and possibly the height i.e. the target is on the roof and the nearby npc is on the ground)and then goes towards the npcs that near the one that was shot, the npcs will Not immediately start attacking the player because the sniper had a silencer and the nearby npcs "do not know who killed the other npc".

For example; bob, is at the park withe a bunch of friends and from 300 meters away the player, using a sniper rifle with a silencer, kills bob.

In the vanilla version of the game, as soon as the player walks into the area where all of bobs friends are, they immediately start attacking the player.

What I would like to have changed is when the player walks into the park where he killed bob using the silenced sniper rifle, bobs friends will be looking for the person who killed their friend but they won't attack the player (at least not right away) because they don't know the player was the one who killed bob.

2)

Also, depending on what part of the npcs body is hit, the damage will be different (i. e. a head shot will kill the npc instantly, whereas a limb shot will only cripple the npc) and not a set chance (like the set chance for critical hits) but instead a set distance and which part of the npcs body is hit.

If there is already a mod like this, please just tell me where to get it.

Thank you,

TheDarkPhoenixHasRisen

I'd have to 2nd this idea. There is definitely some crap coding going on with this in vanilla FO4. If I snipe someone their friends (if they see the body) SHOULD go nuts, but NOT automatically know it was me! On the other hand they should go into an excited search mode where they are running around looking for the bad guy....but still not know it was me. There is no reason I should have maxed out stealth with a silenced rifle and have them charge straight down my throat with the first shot that is fired.

Edited by lazloarcadia

• 4 months later...

I'm absolutely necro'ing the hell outta this because I notice that no one has ever offered any suggestions for a mod or setting tweaks on how to address this. Any solid suggestions are welcome.