Migrated 130 mods to Mod Organiser - just ONE problem

darksharke

UPDATE feb 1st with no real answers to this problem I have given up on using Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks (IAFT) Simple Multiple Followers together and gone for Follower Live Package which now allows me once again to recruit followers so as far as these mods below go the issue is now no longer important.

I have been using Nexus Mod Manager on Skyrim V (Oldrim) recently with Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks (IAFT) Simple Multiple Followers, Convenient Horses and Campfire - all worked perfectly not a single issue (apart from Lydia never leaving Breezehome but I gather that's normal? I recruited two of Natilde’s standalone ‘Fabulous Followers’ and the standalone 'Promise' follower from Toki7 plus the ever present but idle Lydia (who I only got to follow me after making the schoolboy error of using 'placeatme' before I realised what that meant, but at least her clone was an active follower) Everything worked perfectly

However having learned more about mod use, and before it all got too complicated I have now migrated everything to Mod Organiser 2 manually one mod at a time following the excellent Gopher tutorials on You Tube and also upgraded to all 3 DLCs.

HERE is the problem: (Followers Don't Follow)

So with my game in Mo2 having reinstalled IAFT and Simple Multiple Followers I go back to re-recruit these 3 characters again using the normal dialogue and get the normal system response to ' Follow Me I need your help' which indicate they are on-board BUT ............they don't follow me ! They sit in the tavern (even if I change them and re-equip them) and when I leave or fast travel they are never there. So I used the 'Call followers' (teleport) function in Simple Followers and they appear but immediately start walking off (presumably home). Whatever I do including giving them horses they simply exit thru a nearby city door or walk off and vanish but never ever follow.

I've tried all sorts of tricks, dismissing them but it doesn't take effect they say 'ok I'll be at home then..' so there is no dialogue to re-hire, as they all still react with follower responses when I seek them out...so I can't dismiss them either. They simply won't follow!! I cannot get anyone else to follow me and tested out on several others also, same result. Seems like the whole follower system is somehow broken in one key aspect.

At their normal locations they are sitting or standing idle but will not follow no matter what I do. I have invited all to live at the 'Underground Bathhouse' (mod) and although they accept and can be called there, they just vanish again . I am having the exact same issue with Lydia (the real one not a clone) who again just sits in Breezehome.

I can't see how starting again in Mod Organiser alone can wreck the basic follower system. Any ideas what I may have done wrong..? Any recommendations?