(request) a Fix for the DLCs of Mass Effect 2 ... :-(

happyirradiation

Well...
I re install Mass Effect 2 (I also bought all the major DLCs of Mass Effect 2..) and I was sadly surprised, that my game crashes all the time with the ending of Kasumi DLC or Shadow broker DLC....

I'm using Windows 10 64bits and It seems that all those years , Origins changed Mass Effect 2.

I read tons of pages about fixing this problem : borderless window, the trick with "-nomoviestartup" , changing sound quality to 16 bit 44.1 kHz, changing binkw23.dll , ....

The truth is I'm stuck (well.. we are many players like this...) and I can't finish the DLCs (well for Kasumi DLC and Shadow broker DLC..).
I know that some will edit their saves in order to trick and pass those DLCs.....

As anyone tried to fix this game in order to play it with Windows 10 ?

Some players reported to be able to play Mass Effect 2 without any problem with the Steam version.... but not with the Origins version !
Sadly, Steam won't sell the DLCs of Mass Effect 2......

Edited by happyirradiation

I play the Origin install of ME2 on my Win10/64-bit rig in full-screen, at "High" graphics settings, (2560x1440 resolution) and all the DLC with no problem. Have done for years now. Never had an issue.

So am curious what's different about your rig. Specs, (preferably a DXdiag Report) please?

first, thank you to reply my question !

I'm using Mass effect 2 with Origins, my drivers are "up to date" and I'm using mods (textures..a lot) in order to "pimp" this "old" game...
Windows 10 64bit , 16 Gb, Geforce 1080TI, SSD, etc. i'm playing with an HTPC and My full HD TV (1080p at 60 Hz).

you asked for a dxdiag .. here it is (and Yes, I'm living in France.. lol!).

And My problem with the 2 DLCs is always the same : I finished the DLC, then a cinematic is launched, I can see the usual summary chart of the mission (you can see, on the right part of the image, the back of the illusive man in his chair... and... Crash.

To be perfectly clear, I can hear the music, but the image is dark. My system is completely "stoned"... so I have to do a CRT +ALT + SUPP in order to reboot my PC... ! At least it's not a BSOD... :-(

Edited by happyirradiation