Windows 7 support ending in Jan 2020

I got very disapointed when I upgraded my PC to an AMD Ryzen system. Only to find out that the mouse and keyboard stopped working at the Win 7 login screen. I later found out that is are because Microsoft do not provide USB driver support for Ryzen. motherboards :- (

So I had to go Windows 10 Pro 64, wich I still have mixed feelings about. Luckily, I could get back some of the looks from Windows 7 running the Classic Shell software. And I had to shut down quite many Win 10 apps that just bog down the performance.

But I would have been much happier if I could have stayed with the 7.

When I installed 7 on a newer machine, there was an option in bios for win 7 USB support, of course, I had to update the bios for it to be there......

Yes, I got that too after a Bios update now. But as I allready have invested in W10.....well I have to stick to this. :- /

• 3 weeks later...

For well over the last decade the vast majority of malware has come from professional hackers sponsered by criminal organizations and "state actors" (government funded). They are not so much interested in your personal data (though they will be happy to hover up anything they can find) as much as to silently "own" your system as part of their "botnet" of hundreds of thousands or even millions of machines. They don't "punk you" with messages about "all your base are us" or that you are otherwise "pawned".

I once thought what if all those FBI agents are Hackers that once they got in started hiring more Hackers cause "They have a great set of skills after they hacked our security" and since then its been Hackers running around with the authority of a Ruler, Access like they invented the Internet and knowledge of a Astronaut all on your dime.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 users need to have SHA-2 code-signing installed by July 16, 2019, in order to continue to get Windows updates after that date. Microsoft issued that warning on February 15 via a Support article.

Microsoft has published a timeline for migrating these operating systems to SHA-2, with support for the algorithm coming in standalone updates. On March 12, Microsoft is planning a standalone update with SHA-2 code sign support for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. It also will deliver to WSUS 3.0 SP2 the required support for delivering SHA-2 updates.

The full cut-over timetable is available on Microsoft's support page.

-Dubious-