Invisible texture issue with Cancerous1's "Fallout 76 C.A.M.P" mod.

DigitalBoy760

Been using this mod for awhile, mainly to set up living quarters in interior cells near settlements, as I'm running Sim Settlements and the city plans don't leave a lot of room to set up a player home.

What I've noticed is in some cells, I can build things just fine, but they're invisible (lacking their textures). They work fine otherwise: I can craft at the crafting stations, use the weight bench or pommel horse, lights make light, etc.

It's not in all cells though. I built a player home in the parking garage just across the square from Greenetech Genetics, where you find the scavver with a dead molerat in a cage, and I can clear the scrap and make a nice spacious home and everything has it's mesh like it would in a vanilla settlement.

Other interiors like Gunner's Plaza and The National Guard Barracks (where you find the stealth magazine), I can scrap, build and interact with the things I build, but they're invisible. I see the outlines of the floor squares and such, and when placing or moving in workshop mode.

All in the same game, so it's not a corrupted savegame or anything like that.

Anyone experienced anything similar? I tried searching the thread for this on the mod's page, but didn't find anything, and Cancerous1 has locked the topic, so I'm asking here.

It could be that you can't change interior cells that are affected by quests, and both those locales you just mentioned are part of several radiant quests (in which case, the cell gets 'reset' every time you get the quest to go there).

I really love the C.A.M.P mod BTW - I find that if I make the settlements someplace that already has a map-marker (like the Atom Cats Garage, or the Drumlin Diner, I can fast-travel there, and its like I got 'free settlers' out of the deal. if I want a settlement someplace unmarked, I use Conquest instead, which even allows you to use provisioners.

I think i finally figured out a way to get a dog in my C.A.M.P. settlements, but I wasn't able to test it before my game crashed again. :(

I hadn't considered that angle. That would make sense though. Although it's not 100% since I was playing around last night and set up CAMPs in both Nahant Oceanology buildings, and the main building did the invisible texture thing, and the research building didn't, and when I went back into the main building, the stuff I'd built now had textures, but new construction was invisible. Le sigh.

Edit: I did notice that the weapon bench in Nahant had a FormID starting with 0, and the one I built that was initially invisible had a FormID starting with FF. I spawned in the identical FormID as the vanilla bench, and it had it's texture, but the object physics were wonky, I could move it, scrap it, but it wouldn't re-orient to level when I grabbed it in workshop mode. I couldn't interact with it either, it was effectively a static item.