Tried every fix, transparency issues still occurring.

DavidMerrick

So I've been fooling around with New Vegas mods for a week or so now, and between the NMC Texture pack, Ojo Bueno texture pack, Fallout Character Overhaul and some others, the game now looks amazing! All that's left are the shaders and fx that ENBs cover. However, I've tried multiple ENBS—Rudy, ENB of the Apocalypse, and Jay—and still get that transparent objects issue where I can see tumbleweeds, rocks, bodies of water and neon signs through other objects.

Suggested fixes that I've done:

-turned off antialiasing, vertical sync, anisotropic filtering and water displacement in the launcher

-gone into my NVIDIA settings and manually turned off these settings (specifically, set them to Application-controlled)

-gone into the config files and turned all of the relevant values to 0

What else could I be doing to resolve this issue? I know once I get an ENB figured out my mod itch will finally be scratched and I can continue playing the game, but for now it's really distracting to wander through the strip and see the bright yellow lights of the Ultra Luxe through supposedly opaque metal barriers.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

UPDATE: looking around, I can see that there are a lot of other suggested fixes, but I want to assure everybody that I've tried these:

-turned off Steam overlay

-set the ENB's FixTransparencyBug config line to false (though the ENB of the Apocalypse, which I'm currently using, doesn't appear to have this as an option in the first place)

So I understand the instinct to direct me to the Mod Wiki for how to resolve this issue but I truly have attempted all of those proposed fixes.

Edited by DavidMerrick

The 'Solutions to Post-Processor (ENB/SweetFX et. al.) problems' section of the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article has all the solutions we know of. Other than trying yet more "pre-sets" to see if you can find one that eliminates the problem and then comparing it's settings with those of your preferred "pre-set", about all you can do is inquire on the ENB Support forum.

If you are using a "pre-set" that doesn't have that "FixTransparencyBug" setting line, try adding it. As long as you have the latest version of ENB (and if it's been awhile, re-download it as Boris posted an update but didn't change the version number) the setting should work.

If you do find a new solution, let us know and we'll update that section.

-Dubious-