I know I cannot fix this problem, I just want to prevent it.

Basically, I am making a quest mod, with dialogue and all, and I will be deep into making the quest, when all of a sudden the dialogue will not load, it will just crash when I click on the ID. This has happen 2 different times, and both times I have just scrapped the quest. I am wanting to try again, but I do not want to waste hours and hours working on it, if it is just going to happen again. Does anyone know how to AVOID this?

Edited by ForceOfNature37

• 1 year later...

You could avoid these problems by saving often and by keeping backups of your ESP. I have multiple commented BAK files in my mod directory, like MyMod working but whatever is off.bak

Dialogue View works very good in ck, without problems. But you have to be careful if you delete dialogue. Sometimes ck doesn't recognize a deleted topic or branch and stores the id despite it was deleted. Same is sometimes with linked topics. Use TESVEdit to search for left dialogue entries or branches and remove them manually. (ck must be closed) Try again in ck, it should work fine again.