Anyone know of a mod that....

Deleted19890699User

Hey all,

I have been playing Skyrim (oldrim) a good bit lately, and have started to grow bored knowing exactly where to go to get the best loot from dungeons, etc. I want to try a loot overhaul of some sort that makes the placing of items more random and/or makes it harder to get items. The problem is, I have never tried a mod like that for Skyrim before, and am overwhelmed with all the choices. I am not a noob modder, having played Skyrim since 2013, (and I have even made a few mods of my own for Fallout 4), but the number of choices is staggering. Basically, I want a loot overhaul that:

Places loot in more random/harder to reach locations AND/OR makes items harder to get,

Is for Oldrim (I prefer Oldrim to SE)

Is relatively up-to-date (not a mod that has not been touched/updated for more than 3 years),

Is lightweight (I don't want it to change a bunch of other things),

Does NOT require a bashed patch. (using wyre bash goes over my head - its such a complicated tool.)

If anyone can let me know of a loot overhaul mod that fits these criteria, I would be grateful

Edited by Guest

Your best bet is probably Scarcity or some of the mods listed as Recommended on that page.

You likely won't find one that doesn't mention bashed patches, because this concept involves altering loot lists or vendor inventories - and combining mods that do that is basically the main draw of using a bashed patch for Skyrim. So, just remember that if this is your only mod altering those lists a bashed patch isn't needed. And if it's not your only mod of that type, you can always use Mator Smash instead - it will create a similar patch and is much less complicated.

Requiem removes the lvl scaling and changes it to certain types of enemies will always be harder so increases the challenge quite a bit. Also seems to make ai smarter as well as weapon/magic effects usage has to be more tactical to win.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281

Doesn't change the special item locations but daedric items will be hard won.