Help with giving Vilja new hair

CyrusFyre

I've been trying to create a patch for Vilja in Skyrim that changes her hair to Apachii's hair 87. I wanted the patch to rely on both mods as masters. This is what I've tried.

1) I use a clean skyrim se installation of only Vilja, Apachii Female Hairs 1.5, USSEP and Alternate Start (for testing purposes).

2) I use Wrye Bash to Emsify Vilja.

3) Load Skyrim, Update, Vilja and Apachii into the ck with no active file.

4) Change Vilja's hairstyle to that of Apachii hair 87. Close the window. Then in the list of NPC's I select Vilja and press ctrl+F4 to export head data.

5) Save the plug-in as Vilja_ApachiiSkyhair_87.esp.

7) I use Wrye Bash to Espify Vilja.

8) Activate the new plug-in Vortex and launch Skryim. I start a new game, quickly get through character generator and start a new life in the Bannered Mare. Vilja is there with her new hairstyle but her face doesn't quite match her body. To check for certain I go through her prologue quest to the point where I change her clothes. It looks off on her dress, her armour and her underwear. She only have vanilla textures and meshes at this point.

9) I try using CC's Vilja Customizer to give her CBBE body and face textures. I load up the game and start a new one, again, then recruit Vilja, do her prologue quest and as soon as I can get her to undress (without CBBE actually installed no armours will look quite right on her but her underwear should) but it appears as if she is wearing a different head on her body. The textures don't match up just as it had done without the mod.

If I try skipping the ctrl+F4 step I get the black face bug but with it I get the strangely unmatched bug. I have also tried repeating the steps but doing so with CC's Customizer installed before exporting the head data. I've also tried installing Vilja as loose files and the same. I've tried installing Vilja as loose files and then installing CC's Customizer over them and the same results. I've changed the hair style I'm using. I've changed the hair model Vilja is using as default to the Apachii 87 model rather than just changing the character's hairstyle specifically and it is the same. I've even tried to change the Vilja mod itself (I have a backup) and no joy.

I'm not sure what to do here. I know it can be done, others have done it. I also know it is hard and I suspect that's why only a few have done it. I'm obviously doing something wrong but I just don't know what. I'm out of my field here, in a big way. I'm used to working with armour and clothing. People, not so much. I've tried looking for tutorials but I can't seem to find any that address this particular issue. They all say to load it, make the change, export the head data, don't forget to save and enjoy your mod, more or less. If I've missed something (which I clearly have) or if there is a really good tutorial that I just haven't found please send it my way. I'd really like to learn. I don't do as well with video tutorials as I do with written ones but at this point I'll take anything.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I appreciate it.

Seidi