Heavy Traffic ×

GlacierIsland

There used to be a mod on the nexus called 'Cap Storage' that allowed you to craft Boxes of Bottlecaps at a chemistry station and store them like any other item or collectable. It was a rather simple mod, but it appears to have been deleted by the creator. I would be very appreciative if someone was willing to recreate it. The flavor I used most often was 10,000 bottlecaps -> 1 box of 10,000 bottlecaps.

• 1 month later...
You can do it by adding a perk like cannibalism, with a target of containers, and scripting in removing 100 caps (like doctor script does). This should give you a "press key to store 100 caps in the container". I think? Let me know if you want me to give it a shot, can probably do it today once in home from work.

I guess it depends if you want to make it a settlement craftable object or something you can store in a container, right? The Warehouse Shelves mod would probably be a good place to start if the goal was to make an object out of caps that could be stored on a shelf in a settlement and later converted back for no cap loss. The Guntron mod above is great for crafting caps as an inventory item and storing them in a container.

It should be noted that I've never made a mod so I could be completely wrong though :)