Recruitment radio beacon Bug/Glitch

ironcladsoul

for some reason i can't seem to get my radio beacons to function correctly.
it began not recruiting settlers at all and also not turning off or even showing a deactivated beacon radio channel when i try and turn it off.
i messed with some things and now i can get settlers but it won't turn off even when i unplug it from power and i feel it's a mod doing since the only time i had issues with radios was a vanilla issue with the radio but i could get around it with an alternate beacon but it acts the same now so not sure if it's a particular mod or if one of my mods got corrupted some where would really appreciate some help figuring this out since it stops me doing settlement playthroughs of fallout 4.
oh and i should add i've removed mods i don't need and thought were causing it didn't really help.
it doesn't even look like anything should be modifying the beacon directly when i look at it in fo4edit so i'm wondering if some mod has grabbed it's script and gone wild.

ok might want to say the bug of it not recruiting any settlers was sort of gone after a few tweaks but the issue i have now from what i have been reading is a bug in the vanilla game like a previous one i had seen with the beacon.
So i guess i have no way to fix this unless someone can figure out what the break is and make a patch mod for it and it's an old bug as well as far back as 2016 so not likely.
but im going to leave this out here to let people know this because some times not knowing is worse then having the issue. >.>

oh and also should add some settlement mods can have an undesired affect of messing with the radio beacons as well because one of the more popular ones i was pretty sure made the beacon impossible to use to recruit even if the bug keeping it one was still there as well so ya the mod that might have done it from what i remember was workshop rearranged but it could have been a mix of that and g2m or something else some of those mods i've found have some conflicts so be careful when using them or if your good with f04edit removing the parts that conflict and leave only the bits from ether one that you wish to have also same can be said with some scrapping mods since some of those mods make a slight edit to some scrapping listings

A good test would be to:

1) Disable all mods, load your save, see if it persists.

2) If it does, start a new game and see if it persists.

(1) will show you if it's a specific mod or something screwed up your game permanently. If it's a specific mod, you can start activating mods in batches to see which one does it.

• 1 month later...

sorry i didn't respond with this before but from what I've experienced then and before in the previous two years this for all i can tell has to be a vanilla bug glitch since it happens beyond random when it comes to modded saves and stops at random.
it even before was easy to get around when i had a mod that allowed alternate recruitment or used an alternate beacon but i think some of bethesdas updates have been causing this to come back for some settlement mod users.