OpheliaNeoma

Commonwealth Elites is a mod that aims to provide powerful unique weapons for all the special named humanoid enemies, giving players a bit more reason to hunt them down.

Rather than just giving them legendaries or standalone uniques, CE will go the route of Kremvh's Tooth instead. This means that you're not technically getting a unique weapon as it will just be a base vanilla gun, but every slot will have a unique part - both in appearance and stats. These parts will be generally powerful, feature their own drawbacks, and are designed to work in tandem with the same set to fill a role or playstyle. The best part is that because of the modularity of these weapons, you can mix and match with vanilla parts, other parts in this mod, or even with mods that add more parts - such as Satojomov Armory, Extended Weapon Mods, Alternative Assault Rifle Properties, and more.

As there are many named "elites" in the game, this will take some time to get them all - I'm including the DLC in the future. On a similar note, it will require Automatron, Nuka World, and Far Harbor because it will be using assets from those mods. This unfortunately will not be optional.

The current list of weapons with owners:

Bush Wookie (Combat Rifle) : Absalom

.308 heavy sniper rifle. High critical damage, very high range, and turns you invisible while looking down the scope. No scope sway. Staggers targets.

Very fast carbine. Low spread and recoil is lower when firing from the hip.

Minute Maiden (Hunting Rifle) : James Wire

Not 100% sure what I want to do with this one. It's supposed to look kinda musket-y, and is a slow, high damage, .50 caliber rifle.

Cornelius (.44 Revolver) : Kellogg

This replaces his original, legendary pistol. Good for VATS and accuracy. Now semiautomatic and comes with a custom reflex sight.

Kobra (Hunting Rifle) : Sergeant Baker

Lightweight, low recoil, and very fast bolt-action ready for medium range engagements.

Mafia Works (Radium Rifle) : Skinny Malone

Fast firing and wide spread to lay down a lot of bullets in close range. Aiming doubles your rate of fire.

-----

And weapons that need a home:

Plaintiff (Handmade Assault Rifle) : High powered, slow firing and automatic, meant for far-medium ranges.

The Sweeper (Combat Shotgun) : Close range street sweeping auto shotgun with (cosmetic) incendiary rounds and more pellets than necessary.

The Big Iron (.44 Revolver) : Single round pistol that fires a spray of pellets for anybody that you want deader than usual.

Wild Bore (Combat Shotgun) : A sorely needed precision slug shotgun with a medium range scope and high accuracy.

Lore Cannon (Assault Rifle) : Very slow automatic, shoots very powerful bullets with high recoil.

Active Duty (Handmade Assault Rifle) : Low damage, high rate of fire and good range and recoil.

Baby Boomer (Radium Rifle) : High damage automatic weapon. Enemies killed with this explode.

n100-TMP (10mm Pistol) : High speed machine pistol with hollowpoint rounds. Good hip spread and reduced recoil while aiming.

Still Alive (Assault Rifle) : Fires 3 plasma infused rounds at full auto. Sight increases damage while reducing rate of fire while aiming. Can't take a muzzle.

Magnus 45 (10mm Pistol) : Chambered in 45 caliber, hits hard and does more damage while aiming.

Disintegrator (Laser Gun) : Fires a constant beam of energy. High capacity and high critical damage to compensate for the low base output.

Anachronism (Lever Action Rifle) : Accurate, long range high tech rifle. Has armor piercing tracer rounds.

Edison's Attorney (Laser Gun) : Shotgun lightning pistol that can jump between targets and stun.

This OP will be updated to reflect any changes to the mod, and at one point I might even create a test build for others to help let me know what to balance.

I'm taking any suggestions into consideration about new part sets and elites to give these weapons to, that's the main reason of posting this thread. This won't be done until EVERY named enemy has their own unique toy, so please post ideas if you have any. I don't want to leave any weapon left behind in this, aside from a few weapons here and there, the general idea is to enhance the selection of parts for the standard weapons you'll find out in the wild. Shishkebab, Deliverer, and so on will likely not get any new sets.

I created a discord server for my mods for better discussion: https://discord.gg/x97eA9d

Edited by OpheliaNeoma

Some of these I quite like, particularly the Blitzkrieg and Cornelius, and I really like the Big Iron and the Minute Maiden, but some parts on others look too obviously kitbashed. I'd take another look at the barrel on the Kobra, the pistol grip and receiver on the Plaintiff, and the receiver on the Wild Bore. These are places where I can clearly see a repeating part or awkward overlapping, or it just looks kindof unfinished.

The problem with the Kobra, currently, is that it simply won't work. The bolt action is loading a round into the piston tube right now, not the barrel. Somehow you need to make it look like the barrel is coming out the top of the fore-grip, and the bottom is empty or plugged. I also recommend using a regular barrel, rather than a repeating mesh.

I'd recommend one of the pistol grips from the 'Assault Rifle', or maybe the Gauss Rifle for the Plaintiff. With a better looking grip the boxy receiver may not stand out so much.

The Wild Bore's receiver just looks awkward because parts around the receiver seem to overlap awkwardly, rather than fitting together at clear seams. If you can clean up the overlapping a bit I think it will be fine.

On another note, if you want a few extra parts to mess with, feel free to use (and modify if needed) stuff from any of my mods. The barrels from AARP would likely be the most helpful.

Edited by jkruse05

I also recommend using a regular barrel, rather than a repeating mesh.

I went and 'fixed' everything else you mentioned, but this part is kind of tricky because there really isn't a lot to work with, I could try using the barrels from combat rifles but the hunting rifle already uses that same mesh for other parts.

Thanks for the input.

It doesn't look much like an AK style front end anymore, but a lot of people told me to change it so there. I fixed the clipping on the barrel too.

AWrxPBw.png?1

Changed the receiver a little bit. Still looks unique but less cluttered.

5jMA4Qn.png

And now the new pistol grip for the Plaintiff. Looks much better! Taken from the Gauss Rifle.

s6HFh8a.png

And the newest set, for the Assault Rifle. This one is pretty fun to look at. Changes the bash animation to the bayonet stab because of the giant muzzles.

Y0KYTWb.png

can you make an option to not replace kellogs pistol so it can stay compatible with unique uniques?

I'd rather not end up having a bunch of optional files. If you really want you can just load unique uniques after and then spawn a .44, it might spawn Cornelius and its attachments.