Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Problem with the Griffin GRF-2N (and, I suspect, all Star League mechs)

BlazeStryker

The above is the refit screen of the Star League style Griffin I managed to piece together in Campaign.

I use cFixes, Classic_BT_Slots, CustomComponents, LessHeadInjuries, MechEngineer, MechResizer, RandomCampaignStart, Turbine, XLRP 1.1.0 and Quad Flamer Ammo.

Somewhere in there the refitting tried to assign a cooling system on top of the DHS (double heat sink) system and the game throws a fit over it. It also has issues with refitting the engine core as the internal heat sinks aren't doubles.

(I tagged dysfunction as Glitch is a character in the game...)

Edited by BlazeStryker

• 1 month later...

MechEngineer and Classic_BT_Slots conflict. Try removing the Classic BT Slots mod. MechEngineer has its own slot modifications. Then move the .modtek folder in your /mods folder somewhere else so that the game rebuilds it (but don't delete it in case you want/need to go back to it), and test it again. You can also try, if you haven't already, to strip it bare and put everything back in.

• 3 weeks later...

It was another issue altogether as it turned out. Dynamic slots are slots taken up by the equipment.

A good example of this sort of thing is XL Engine and Ferro-Fibrous Armor, both of which have real benefits but which take up space in yer Mech (represented by Dynamic Slots)