What is Wrong with Vortex

RiotPilot

As far as i've seen modding fallout 4, Vortex IS THE f*#@ING WORST mod manager IVE EVER USED, when installing a mod, it'll say its installed, and then never enable the esp, and other times It ignores the esp or mods as if they never existed, reinstalling a mod makes it worse, as it says its installed, however isnt at ALL. The UI of the Manager is mediocre at best, and its made my experience with modding 10x more difficult with its riddles of bugs and redundant "deployments". Often times than not, i need to MANUALLY add things to my game that NMM would do for me, but Vortex is too retarded to do itself, or just simply fails todo horribly

Hi,

If you have an issue that you require help with, please follow the steps outlined here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/

If you would like to provide feedback, please use the Vortex Feedback forum instead. The more information you provide, and the more constructive your criticism is, the more likely we are to understand what you are trying to point out and the more likely it is that things will improve.

As far as i've seen modding fallout 4, Vortex IS THE f***ing WORST mod manager IVE EVER USED, when installing a mod, it'll say its installed, and then never enable the esp, and other times It ignores the esp or mods as if they never existed, reinstalling a mod makes it worse, as it says its installed, however isnt at ALL. The UI of the Manager is mediocre at best, and its made my experience with modding 10x more difficult with its riddles of bugs and redundant "deployments". Often times than not, i need to MANUALLY add things to my game that NMM would do for me, but Vortex is too retarded to do itself, or just simply fails todo horribly

I guess you didn't read the built in knowledge base or watch the built in tutorials about DEPLOYING mods.

• 1 year later...

Personnaly im 30 years old and i have been modding since operation flashpoint since its release, thats 19 years ago, I was 11. I have never read or follow any tutorial but i can confidently say that vortex is the worst crap i have ever use. Its a good looking crap but its still crap. It tells you that everything is fine and that everything has been done automatic for you, no worries and then you get problem and start looking around and realise that its just plain lying to you and nothing is done.

Many people who express severe disappointment with Vortex are saddled with old modding habits that simply don't work with Vortex. Unable to think outside the box and too "experienced" to stoop to a tutorial, they write off Vortex as a piece of digital excrement. If they wish simply to huff and puff rather than seek help, then I suggest they use another mod manager more to their liking and get on with their gaming lives. After all, life is short, so ne sinas ut in natibus te pellat porta.

Edited by AugustaCalidia

Personnaly im 30 years old and i have been modding since operation flashpoint since its release, thats 19 years ago, I was 11. I have never read or follow any tutorial but i can confidently say that vortex is the worst crap i have ever use. Its a good looking crap but its still crap. It tells you that everything is fine and that everything has been done automatic for you, no worries and then you get problem and start looking around and realise that its just plain lying to you and nothing is done.

I'm 56, my first computer was a C-64, and I built a Voice synthesizer for it, my next computer was an Atari 1040STE where I was running a rack of MIDI Synths with it using over 128 channels of MIDI using a MIDI 8x8 box

I checked out the tutorials for Vortex, because like with any new piece of software, I RTFM

This is the SUPPORT Forum, if you're just here to complain, then move on, and Pro-Tip: Scroll just another inch or two down the Vortex Download page, and you can download the newest NMM.

Then you can have a mod manager that actually doesn't tell you everything is fine, because it doesn't tell you anything at all, and lets you set up the worst load order possible.

Also, I wouldn't brag about not following any tutorials, then complain about how you can't work Vortex properly, because you've just made an argument on why Tutorials are important.

In my experience here, the people that complain the loudest,m and hate Vortex the most, are always experiencing a case of PEBCAK

And it's always the people who use an "Appeal to authority" to explain WHY THEY shouldn't be having problems running Vortex and why VORTEX is the problem.