[LE] Weird ForceGreet Glitch

I am having an issue with a character in my mod. I have him set to spawn behind the player and then force greet at a certain point in the quest. The spawning works, and he says what he is supposed to say. However, he says what he is supposed to say before he actually enters dialogue with the player, and then halfway through his line, he will force greet the player and then begin his line again.

I have learned that this happens only when I set the branch he is supposed to say to a blocking branch, but when I change the branch back to a normal branch, the following dialogue prompts are visible to the player while the character is saying his line.

I have even tried to load the character into the cell with the player earlier than he is supposed to be to see if the glitch is a loading error, but I get the same effect. I also made not that both the player and the character are in the center of the cell they are supposed to be in to make sure that wasn't the cause of the glitch.

I am trying to get the character to force greet the player without having the next dialogue prompts open and also not have him enter dialogue with the player halfway through his initial line.

Any help would be very much appreciated.