Enhanced Werewolves Idea

Noyrz

Looking for Werewolves mods i just realised the impact that being a Werewolf has on our gameplay.

So i came to this idea, based on my personal love for Werewolf The Apocalypse. Tabletop RPG, maybe you heard of it. It's like the most closer thing to art on roleplaying games.

On Werewolf the Apocalypse (WTA) the werewolves are a nation more than just a bunch of savage people. They call themselves Garou, and they're blessed by Gaia.

But one thing i just love about this particular werewolves version is that they have various forms. They're more like Shapeshifters than the classic werewolf.

My idea came in this form. A mod that allows the player to choose when they use "Beast Form" power.

On WTA, the Garou has 5 forms.

2d81b692f1e095a3b4a47fb006f8a5fd.jpg
(Left to Right) Homid, Glabro, Crinos, Hispo, Lupus.

Homid is just a normal human, as you can see. Glabro is a human-like form, but more wolf looking, stronger, taller and uglier.
Then we come on the serious s*** form, Crinos, this is their "war form", this nine feet tall thing is just like the vanilla Skyrim werewolf form, but taller and more wolf-like looking (we all know that vanilla werewolf form just sucks, it looks like a bat or a rat more than a wolf)

Hispo form is the Garou hunting form, they're literally the Twilight movie "werewolves" on this shape. And finally the Lupus form is just a ordinary wolf.

My idea is, could this be implemented on Skyrim gameplay? I mean something like Crinos form to fight on open spaces (by making it stronger), Hispo to travel (by making it faster than Crinos/Vanilla Werewolf) and Lupus could be like a stealth and squishy form. Finally the human form should be used just for the social part of the game, like talking to NPC.

By making this, Lycanthropy could be a more useful tool. More than just "NOW I'M GONNA TURN INTO MY BEAST FORM AND MELEE YOU TO DEATH". Hispo and Lupus forms could easily be a way to traveling faster, mantaining the inmersion and avoid scaring the s*** out of people everytime you cross paths with a NPC.

I'm trying to understand the way that some MCM and SkyUI mods work, to make something like an interface that pops everytime you use Beast Form power.
Crinos form it's just Vanilla Beast Form with 1.7 scale and a damage buff.
Hispo form could be a ordinary wolf with scale and speed buff, same wolf animations, maybe a jump animation (i don't know if Skyrim wolves have one) and a little damage buff.

Lupus should be a normal wolf form, but with a permanent stealth mode. Maybe even adding some kind of stealth attack buff.

And that's that. My idea of how Lycanthropy should work on Skyrim, and how it could impact gameplay.

Edited by hanblackglass

• 5 months later...