New Game Plus

Seattleite

Picture, if you will:

You've completed the main story of Fallout 4. You've done all you want to do. After Shaun's death you return to the cryopod in Vault 111, and get in.

A long loading screen goes by. You awaken again, with only your vault suit and your ring, but the same level with all your stats and perks intact. The game world has been, seemingly, reset.

You notice right away enemies aren't as easy as you expected at your level. Post defence, you do -50% and enemies do +50%. Early game is still going to be a breeze, though late game is going to get rough.

Sanctuary looks the same as you left it, but without the people and with the bugs respawned. Huh. Odd.

Everything plays as expected, just with the increased difficulty and all your stats until Preston sends you to Starlight Drive-In to clear mole rats. There, you find the horrible truth.

Your settlement you built in New Game is still there. Except the settlers are now raiders, and the mole rats are now their pets. Your own turrets from the first cycle open fire on you. Your own gate is locked. The fortifications you built are working against you.

You explore, and find EVERY "reclaimed" settlement is like this. The original creatures restored, settlers replaced with hostiles of a type that can ally with them (ghoul raiders for ferals, gunners for robots, muties for muties, children of atom for themselves, so on), and your own fortifications are in the hands of your enemies. Friendly settlements retain the work you did, too, of course. Except they get their original inhabitants reset, IE, County Crossing is just two losers in the middle of nowhere.

Now that? THAT would make the settlement system worth it. It'd also give you something to do with your 100-hour character, and it could be expanded on greatly as tine went on. NG++. Maybe some NG+ exclusive features. If the original mod is solid, it's something other modders can run with.

Edited by Seattleite

I like it, but the problem I foresee with it is that if this mod already existed, you would plan for it, even if subconsciously.

For example, I usually get my defenses up to around 500, because I REALLY hate having to go rushing back to my settlements to help them (not that it actually helps much - it follows the Law of Diminishing Returns). Thus, if this mod existed and I knew about it, I 'might' only build 200 defense instead. I would also be less inclined to decorate much, since I know I am eventually going to go in there and blast the place apart.

However, I know that wouldn't be true for everyone; my son used to play a prison sim wherein you built the 'perfect prison', and then you would play a prisoner trying to break out, so this would be along the same lines and would appeal to some folks. It sounds interesting, regardless.

I would absolutely love a mod that let you effectively restart the game arcade style, like a challenge mode, where each reset increases the difficulty and changes things in game to match like if you picked the brotherhood ending maybe they get a boost next playthrough or maybe make it more difficult to take the same ending twice to encourage exploring the other story lines. I keep looking around for any mod like that, but I keep seeing people say how impossible it would be to reset every quest, it's something I want to look into when I have the time, there must be a workaround!

I would totally help out anyone in any way I could who tried their hand at this idea though ^.^

I like it, but the problem I foresee with it is that if this mod already existed, you would plan for it, even if subconsciously.

Â

For example, I usually get my defenses up to around 500, because I REALLY hate having to go rushing back to my settlements to help them (not that it actually helps much - it follows the Law of Diminishing Returns). Thus, if this mod existed and I knew about it, I 'might' only build 200 defense instead. I would also be less inclined to decorate much, since I know I am eventually going to go in there and blast the place apart.

Â

However, I know that wouldn't be true for everyone; my son used to play a prison sim wherein you built the 'perfect prison', and then you would play a prisoner trying to break out, so this would be along the same lines and would appeal to some folks. It sounds interesting, regardless.

I think a lot of folks would build up settlements specifically to make a fun gaultlet to run in NG+, but yes, they'd plan for it. And that would be fun.

• 4 weeks later...

Ima really like this idea.I hope smeone will make this but....... usually modmakers ignore requests because...... reasons.

They don't care.

They have already their own projects goin on.

Also would be better if player was a raider from the start and all the settlements were hostile icnluding all the fractions.

You are a raider from the start.No son looking nothing.Have fun!!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this old topic, but I was searching for a NG+ mod, but then I realize how F04 storyline and questline is boring. This game has great gameplay, scenario, and character customization, however, it's a pit what they did with everything else, it's unnecessary an NG+. A more plausive way to start over and over this game is making use of plenty of mods for adaptive difficulty and use cheats to level up your character to a high level and get some high level gears... But even this way is boring. The NPC main characters are boring, romancing in this game is a joke and the end game, doesn't matter what faction you in is a terrible joke.

How I miss ME Trilogy... Best storyline/questline ever made.