Request: add custom sorting rules assets to mods without conflicts

Sacremas

Some mods can have conflicts to them without Vortex knowing about them, and need specific sorting rules for them. Currently I have an issue with Immersive College of Winterhold and either my NPC overhaul (Foxy Skyrim SE, no longer available on Nexus), and my skin mod (Tempered Skin), the mods don't seem to interfere (no overwritten files), but when I can't sort them manually by dragging and dropping like in MO, or add specific sorting rules to them in Vortex, the result is that several NPCs get blackface (Phinis Gestor and Arniel Gane in this case). In MO I could have fixed this by just moving the order that the assets were being loaded, while in Nexus I could have even uninstalled and reinstalled them in correct order, in Vortex there doesn't seem to be anything to do but to go in and disable their facegen.

So a request please to add in custom sorting rules for assets even when there's no conflicts like you can for plugins currently, to fix issues like this. Additonally, an option to set a flag or the like to load something last or shuffle the mod as far down on the list as the manager can would be appreciated (and good for skeleton mods or other things that should NEVER be overwritten). Or just a drag and drop like in MO.

Edited by Sacremas

Some mods can have conflicts to them without Vortex knowing about them, and need specific sorting rules for them. Currently I have an issue with Immersive College of Winterhold and either my NPC overhaul (Foxy Skyrim SE, no longer available on Nexus), and my skin mod (Tempered Skin), the mods don't seem to interfere (no overwritten files), but when I can't sort them manually by dragging and dropping like in MO, or add specific sorting rules to them in Vortex, the result is that several NPCs get blackface (Phinis Gestor and Arniel Gane in this case). In MO I could have fixed this by just moving the order that the assets were being loaded, while in Nexus I could have even uninstalled and reinstalled them in correct order, in Vortex there doesn't seem to be anything to do but to go in and disable their facegen.

So a request please to add in custom sorting rules for assets even when there's no conflicts like you can for plugins currently, to fix issues like this. Additonally, an option to set a flag or the like to load something last or shuffle the mod as far down on the list as the manager can would be appreciated (and good for skeleton mods or other things that should NEVER be overwritten). Or just a drag and drop like in MO.

You can already do this in the MODs (Vortex version 0.17.x) AND Plugins tab (0.16.15) by clicking on "MANAGE RULES" in the orange menu bar.

(You might have to turn on "Advanced Mode" SETTINGS------->INTERFACE--------->Enable Advanced Mode)

You can already do this in the MODs (Vortex version 0.17.x) AND Plugins tab (0.16.15) by clicking on "MANAGE RULES" in the orange menu bar.

(You might have to turn on "Advanced Mode" SETTINGS------->INTERFACE--------->Enable Advanced Mode)

Hello, thank you for the response.

I already had a Manage Rules option in the Plugins tab, but advanced mode or not, there's no such option in Mods tab, that's what i wanted. However checking "About" tab tells me I have version 0.16.15, I was looking to update to v 0.17 but I can't find it anywhere, I seem to have the latest version.

EDIT: Found it on GitHub, will download from there, thank you.

Edited by Sacremas

Nope, the update still doesn't allow me to put in custom rules with non-conflicting files to avoid blackface. I'm just going to have to play around for now I guess, then delete facegen if I can't make them work together.

Solved the issue in my game by editing ESP for Immersive College of Winterhold's appearance back to vanilla, this removed the blackface and kept the other mod's edits. Not sure as of now if this is an issue only Foxy Skyrim could have caused due to how it's set up (most NPCs edited in the files rather than in the plugin and depending on outside mods) or if it's something other appearance mods likewise could cause.

Also actually not 100 % certain if changing mod asset load order with the requested custom load rules would have fixed the issue either, or if it's just plain incompatibility one way or the other.

Nope, the update still doesn't allow me to put in custom rules with non-conflicting files to avoid blackface. I'm just going to have to play around for now I guess, then delete facegen if I can't make them work together.

There's no MANAGE RULES option in the MOD tab? in version 0.17.1?

darn, I was told there was

Yes, there is. I've been using it for the past week. I love it.

Yes, there is. I've been using it for the past week. I love it.

attachicon.gif Manage Rules.JPG

Excellent

On the mods page, did you try to drag non-conflicting Mod A to non-conflicting Mod B? If you do that a menu will open up and will allow you to set a custom rule, even though Vortex shows no conflict.

On the mods page, did you try to drag non-conflicting Mod A to non-conflicting Mod B? If you do that a menu will open up and will allow you to set a custom rule, even though Vortex shows no conflict.

No, I didn't know you could do that. I tried dragging just now but nothing is happening and I can't drag, is there some setting I have to activate first?

Was going to mention that the Manage Rules page is there yes, it just doesn't allow me to insert new rules like I can on the ESP page for mods with no apparent conflicts, just manage the already existing conflicts, but perhaps this would be such a workaround.