Vortex Can't Find Skyrim SE?

Deleted49578446User

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Current stable version of Vortex (I believe that is 0.16.15)

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

According to LOOT I have 53 plugins

The issue I am having is as follows:

Yesterday I reinstalled Skyrim SE and began downloading mods with Vortex.

I then reinstall LOOT to organise my load order which, requires me to restart my computer.

I restart my computer after which, Vortex says I'm not managing Skyrim SE and can't even find it when I scan for it.

I'm not sure what other info you may need so please ask if you do, I'll do my best to provide it.

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

I then reinstall LOOT to organise my load order which, requires me to restart my computer.

I restart my computer after which, Vortex says I'm not managing Skyrim SE and can't even find it when I scan for it.

I'm not sure what other info you may need so please ask if you do, I'll do my best to provide it.

LOOT is already built into Vortex, no need to install and run it

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

Is it? Is it under a tab or some sort of menu? Using LOOT actually tells me a lot of info like what conflicts there are I may have missed which, Is not shown in Vortex.

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

Is it? Is it under a tab or some sort of menu? Using LOOT actually tells me a lot of info like what conflicts there are I may have missed which, Is not shown in Vortex.

Yes, it's built right in, no need to run it separately, it automatically runs on your load order if you have AUTOSORT turned on.

Also, vortex will inform you of any conflicts and show you which mods are conflicting and how to fix them.

Have alook at the built in Video tutorials and built in knowledge base

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

Yes, it's built right in, no need to run it separately, it automatically runs on your load order if you have AUTOSORT turned on.

Also, vortex will inform you of any conflicts and show you which mods are conflicting and how to fix them.

Ok well that's something I will have to look at later, first I actually need Vortex to find and manage the game.

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

Ok well that's something I will have to look at later, first I actually need Vortex to find and manage the game.

Did you do this?

Vortex-Search-Games.jpg

Stats:

Skyrim Special Edition

Windows 7, x64, 8GB RAM

Did you do this?

Vortex-Search-Games.jpg

Yeah it has C and D

Perhaps the game is merely hidden. What happens if you push the "Hide/Hidden Games" button? See the picture below.

If Skyrim SE is hidden, it would still be counted in the Managed folder. How many games are counted in your Managed tab? Is that number larger than the number of managed games you see on the Vortex dashboard?

I have five managed games, four of which appear on the dashboard and one which is hidden. I don't know how it got that way, but it doesn't prevent me from playing the hidden game.

Perhaps the game is merely hidden. What happens if you push the "Hide/Hidden Games" button? See the picture below.

attachicon.gif Hidden.JPG

If Skyrim SE is hidden, it would still be counted in the Managed folder. How many games are counted in your Managed tab? Is that number larger than the number of managed games you see on the Vortex dashboard?

I have five managed games, four of which appear on the dashboard and one which is hidden. I don't know how it got that way, but it doesn't prevent me from playing the hidden game.

I tried that as well but, it wasn't hidden.

Skyrim SE was the only game I was managing and it disappeared after the restart.

I have since reinstalled Vortex and everything appears to be working fine.