Vortex Can't Find Skyrim SE?

Deleted49578446User

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem .

I thought I had the same issue, but if you go to the "Games" tab and scroll down in the "Unmanaged" list, you can see Skyrim Special Edition, and you have to bring your cursor above the picture and click on the appearing Manage button.

Thank You for this...

I was using Quick Scan and Full Scan and Skyrim SE would not show up in Games no matter what... Then After reading to check Unmanaged list of games currently showing 117 Games, I looked through them and sure enough Skyrim SE was waiting on my user input, to click the ICON.

On a Side Note: Sometimes the Answer is Literally Right Under Your Nose. or in this case.. Right under your Managed Games in the Unmanaged Games.. :wacko:

To the Vortex Creators.. Thanks. This manager seems better all around than nexus mod manager. I did not know that Vortex has LOOT built into it. I have been using LOOT along side Vortex to Clean Files and have had no conflicting issues at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I am having a very similar issue. Whenever I try to launch SSE through vortex, a dialog box pops up and says "unable to find SkyrimSE.exe" I click ok and nothing happens. when I try to launch SSE through steam it launches, but when I go to play it, 3-4 dialog boxes pop up in game telling me "SKSE64 is not running properly", then warns me "SkyUI will not work properly because SKSE64 isn't running properly" and finally it warns me "Duel Sheath Redux is not running". I have run everything through LOOT, SSEEdit and re-installed vortex (Making sure I have it in the right install directory, which is my E drive and thats the same drive I have SSE installed). I have made sure I have the latest files for SKSE64, SkyUI and all the requirements met for Duel Sheath Redux yet nothing seems to work. I have my E drive directory enabled in vortex as well, but i'm still getting the same dialog box popup telling me SkyrimSE.exe is missing. When I go to steam to try to validate my files it says everything was properly validated as well.

I am having a very similar issue. Whenever I try to launch SSE through vortex, a dialog box pops up and says "unable to find SkyrimSE.exe" I click ok and nothing happens. when I try to launch SSE through steam it launches, but when I go to play it, 3-4 dialog boxes pop up in game telling me "SKSE64 is not running properly", then warns me "SkyUI will not work properly because SKSE64 isn't running properly" and finally it warns me "Duel Sheath Redux is not running". I have run everything through LOOT, SSEEdit and re-installed vortex (Making sure I have it in the right install directory, which is my E drive and thats the same drive I have SSE installed). I have made sure I have the latest files for SKSE64, SkyUI and all the requirements met for Duel Sheath Redux yet nothing seems to work. I have my E drive directory enabled in vortex as well, but i'm still getting the same dialog box popup telling me SkyrimSE.exe is missing. When I go to steam to try to validate my files it says everything was properly validated as well.

If Dual Sheath redux has a *.bat file, most likely you'll need to edit the path to your JAVA install in order for it to work properly, because whenever Java updates, it changes the path every time and names one of the folders after the latest version of Java.

Make sure SKSE64 is installed properly

SKSE install
[ Installation ]
1. Copy the .dll and .exe files to your Skyrim SE directory. This is usually in your Program Files folder under Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\. If you see files named SkyrimSE and SkyrimSELauncher, this is the correct folder. Do not copy these files to the Data folder as with a normal mod. The "src" folder is only useful for programmers, most users can ignore it.
2. Copy the .pex files in Data\Scripts\ into the Data\Scripts\ folder of your installation. The .pex files are needed by all users of SKSE.

Also, what's the installation path and directory of your SKyrim SE?

You can click GAMES------->Then click the "+" sign on the SKyrim SE entry, and select "Manually Set Location"

I've made sure to install SKSE64 in the correct folder, and when I go to the games tab and i open the SSE game folder's location, it brings me to the file that has the SkyrimSE.exe program as well as the launcher. I tried to manually set the location as well, and when i tried to launch it i had the same issue "couldn't find SkyrimSE.exe" dialog from SKSE64. I've also tried to launch it without the "Ecotone Duel Sheath" mod loaded and SKSE64 still warned me that SkyrimSE.exe couldn't be found, so its not that mod that's causing issues. Although oddly enough, when i try to launch SSE through the "skse64_loader" the game loads and works with my mods, but id like to launch SSE through vortex if possible. My first thought is that I might have to change the install location of SSE and vortex to be on my main hard drive, the C drive, instead of the external E drive I put my games on, what do you suggest? The current install directory for my SSE vortex mods is

"This PC>(E:)>Vortex Mods>skyrimse."

Edit: When launching SSE from vortex without any mods loaded, the same dialog box pops up from SKSE64.

Edited by Joesieyu

the install path for SkyrimSE.exe is "This PC>(E:)>steamlibrary>steamapps>common>Skyrim Special Edition>SkyrimSE. that is also the same directory of my skse64_loader, which is currently the only way to launch SSE with mods enabled without getting 4-5 dialog boxes that tell me the game will not run properly.

the install path for SkyrimSE.exe is "This PC>(E:)>steamlibrary>steamapps>common>Skyrim Special Edition>SkyrimSE. that is also the same directory of my skse64_loader, which is currently the only way to launch SSE with mods enabled without getting 4-5 dialog boxes that tell me the game will not run properly.

You've got one extra Directory in there.

The proper path should be E:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\ If installed with Steam, and your SKSE64 for should be in "Skyrim Special Edition" folder as well