Navmesh Bounds Missing? And other troubles.

TheGreenLion

The problem is with my outdoor area, and perhaps it may be with the way I am generating the Navmesh. I've got all the things I'd like my player house to have on the outside, so I decided to Navmesh the four cells using Recast-based Generation. For these I had Include Landscape checked on, and an Agent Radius of 8 rather than the default 32. All the other settings I left at default. It turns out pretty ugly to start with.

Next, I ran Navmesh Generation via the button with the white question mark inside the blue circle (not Advanced). Here I left everything at default, the only thing not checked on is Finalize Navmesh under the Pass Options (under Import options there is a Height Map Only Generation Mode that is checked on as well, maybe it shouldn't be?). Most of the Navmesh looked good after one pass except for the player house areas which I cleaned up. After that I checked for errors and received none, so I generated cover edges and then finalized.

When I reload my .esp I get an error that my Cells need to be refinalized because there are Navmesh bounds missing. I also get errors that some triangles have bad portals and that the CK is clearing them. I have no idea what it means about bad portals. After all that is done, I refinalize my Navmeshes and save. The messages about the bad portals are gone, but it still tells me to refinalize no matter if I have already done so previously. Probably something to do with the bad portals?

I could use some help with trying to get this stage completed without errors, I am certain that it has much to do with my lack of knowledge about Navmeshing. Outdoor areas seem to be a different ball game compared to interiors. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could assist in getting my Navmesh back on track, thanks for your time! :biggrin:

I have exactly the same problem. I made edits to an existing interior navmesh (manually) and this was mostly with CK version 1.5. Since I'm using CK 1.6, I get the error message 'navmesh bounds missing, navmesh should be re-finalized'. But it doesn't help. :wallbash:

My guess is, that the previous edits to navmesh are broken with the new version and it will be necessary to redo the entire navmesh. Hopefully someone has a better, easier solution to fix this. Any navmesh gurus around? :unsure:

I looked for some answers over at the Bethesda forums and found something that might be of use Here.

I'm going to have another good look at my Navmesh and see if I can get it to work. If the link doesn't work, just log in over there and search for "navmesh bounds missing". If I get anywhere I'll report back.

Well, still have the error but removed the islands that an NPC might have trouble with when pathfinding...guess that's as good as it gets for the moment. Strangely enough, it seems it found an error in a cell I didn't even mess with which is kind of disturbing. :unsure:

Thank you, this thread was really helpful!

I had no navmesh islands that would cause the error, but when I edited the original navmesh, it got flagged as 'deleted' and a new navmesh was created by CK, including the old navmesh plus my changes. Yeah, it seems, CK1.6 doesn't like deleted navmeshes and that was the reason. I finally got rid of the error by doing the following:

1. Loaded the plugin in CK and searched in File -> Data -> Details for the deleted navmesh, flagged with a 'D'.

2. Set this navmesh as 'ignored' by pressing <del> button, this will 'undelete' the navmesh.

3. Hit 'OK' and loaded again, now there were 2 navmeshes, placed partly over each other.

4. Selected one triangel of the original navmesh (it should have a form ID beginning with 00....) and chose 'Flood fill' to mark the entire navmesh.

5. Moved the old navmesh under ground and finalized both of the navmeshes.

After this procedure, the error was gone, hope it helps you. Thanks again for the link! :thumbsup:

...and sorry for bad english.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

This sounds very promissing to my problem. I just want to make sure before I do anything: I have new navmesh set up, checked for errors, created edges and finalised it, and still the npc tries to walk where the old navmesh used to be. Also at place where cells meet, I have the green border linking the two cells perfectly, but stil the npc hit dead in their tracks like hitting a wall. Will this fix these problems? Cause I dont have any error or ctd problems.