Interesting (But annoying) Blood Glitch

revenile

So I've got a rather interesting blood related issue and I'm not sure what is causing it. After my 3rd time reinstalling Oblivion this week a redoing the mods, I just want to see if maybe the nexus will have any clues.

https://imgur.com/a/lowcmPN

Ok so the screens are remaining just cause I find them fascinating, however so far in my playing only the Iron Gauntlets cause this glitch. It's from the EVE HGEC Variety mod (the one that's the body and clothes/armor replacer). I haven't experienced it on anything else. I'm wondering if it's caused by the HGEC, OCO2 or the combo of both.

Edited by revenile

The glitch that you are seeing is the game's error code for a small missing asset (texture or mesh ... not certain which, DrakeTheDragon may know). Do you have any other mods that may touch blood splatters?

Also, is it definitely associated with blood (i.e. is it only temporarily visible during and shortly after battle)? In the past I have seen similar errors that turned out to be missing textures on a mod added item (can't recall if it was a belt or something on the hands like you're seeing).

If it's blood splatters it won't be visible all the time ... if it's something like what I experienced it will always be visible when the item is worn.

Do you have rings set as visible while gauntlets are worn by any chance?

Edited by Striker879

The glitch that you are seeing is the game's error code for a small missing asset (texture or mesh ... not certain which, DrakeTheDragon may know). Do you have any other mods that may touch blood splatters?

Also, is it definitely associated with blood (i.e. is it only temporarily visible during and shortly after battle)? In the past I have seen similar errors that turned out to be missing textures on a mod added item (can't recall if it was a belt or something on the hands like you're seeing).

If it's blood splatters it won't be visible all the time ... if it's something like what I experienced it will always be visible when the item is worn.

Do you have rings set as visible while gauntlets are worn by any chance?

no, rings don't appear over gauntlets. In terms of blood related mods I only have better blood, and to answer the question the only time I notice it is when blood has been spilled in game. I don't see anything like that when I have a status effect glow. I just saw it again with steel armor on (not the gauntlets) but only with one sword swing animation, and I had to look a few times to ensure I actually saw it. I appreciate the help, as I hope to find out the cause for someone else.

I'd be looking carefully at your Better Blood as the source ... though I have precious little experience around blood issues (i.e. would it be a shader problem, missing texture etc).

- Edit - Yup ... if it's Better Blood you don't need to scroll far through the comments to hit the mark. I tend to use a grain (or a lot of grains) of salt when I see the word "Better" used in a mod name (just my personal prejudice mind you ... I use a truck load with "Immersive").

Edited by Striker879

I'd be looking carefully at your Better Blood as the source ... though I have precious little experience around blood issues (i.e. would it be a shader problem, missing texture etc).

- Edit - Yup ... if it's Better Blood you don't need to scroll far through the comments to hit the mark. I tend to use a grain (or a lot of grains) of salt when I see the word "Better" used in a mod name (just my personal prejudice mind you ... I use a truck load with "Immersive").

Hmm interesting, cause I had it appear when I turned better blood off (it uses an esp). I'll mess around with it more and see what I can do. Thanks for helping me get a lead on where to start. I really appreciate it.

Just deactivating the ESP will likely not rid you of Better Blood ... there will still be files left that will act as "replacers". To truly test if Better Blood is at fault you will need to completely uninstall it.

I'm an old manual install dinosaur, so I always have a mod's download in a folder and extracted. Makes it easy to see what a mod has (or plans) to install, which works as a handy guide to uninstalling.

I didn't see any clues as to probable cause of the glitch in the mod comments, but I didn't venture past the most recent page either.

Ok so my new test was downloading Gorier Blood and running it instead. I did have the glitch occur, but being the blood doesn't last nearly as long anymore, it faded fairly quickly. I think the best way I can describe it in case the pictures don't convey it well enough is that it is like there's an invisible arrow in my arm or something that the blood splatter effect is being applied to even when there's nothing there. I'm still thinking it's goofed up meshes from the EVE HGEC body variation replacer as it alters the armor meshes to fit the body in an all-in-one pack as it were. I'm really thinking this is the case myself since the Leather gloves which were also in this mod as replaced, had no such problem (the blood splattered on the hand, just looked like I was wearing a see-through red glove for a few seconds) but Iron gloves and apparently steel armor, not even the gloves, have the effect. I'm more fascinated than annoyed at this glitch now.

Did you completely uninstall Better Blood? Simply installing a different blood mod will not necessarily replace all of the stuff that Better Blood installed with the next mod's files (and so the error code will persist).

I use EVE myself (along with a lot of other people) and don't have this glitch at all ... it's not coming from EVE.