HELP Skryrim Meshes and Textures Not Available

Darrko64

Ok

So I've had Skyrim installed on my current PC in the past and have used the creation kit to create basic esp files with it without any problems, mostly to create custom books and weapons for just for fun and to learn how it works.

Since then I have uninstalled and reinstalled Skyrim and the creation kit, but this time around when I go to create a new book and select the world art, there is no clutter folder (as well as many other missing folders) in the data/meshes or data/textures folders...

I can duplicate an existing book and modify it's contents, but I'm wondering why my data folder is now missing so many meshes and textures that it had before.

Also, I have installed some new mods with my fresh install but everything seems to work perfectly.

Thank you for reading my query, any insight on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

All the vanilla Skyrim meshes and textures are in bsa's so you wouldn't see them in the meshes and textures folders unless you extracted them from the bsa's. Any meshes and textures in the data folder have been put there by other mods or you; which is why after a clean install you won't see any.

All the vanilla Skyrim meshes and textures are in bsa's so you wouldn't see them in the meshes and textures folders unless you extracted them from the bsa's. Any meshes and textures in the data folder have been put there by other mods or you; which is why after a clean install you won't see any.

Ok thank you for letting me know, I expected as much. I just found it odd that they were there before and I had never extracted them. Is there a method of retrieval? I see all the .bsa files in the data folder labeled "meshes" "textures" etc. How can I extract them for use in the creation kit?