Did Anyone Have Issues With Blender 2.7 and older, w/ Nvidia 400 Series Drivers?

Hatemiser

Opening blender after updating to Nvidia geforce 400 series drivers (released sometime around Oct. 2018) supposedly caused the blender interface/viewport to have a "very bright/high contrast/gamma" appearance, for some users of blender versions 2.7xx and earlier. (I'm currently using 2.44 w/ Python 2.5, and a GTX960 on Win 10 [64-bit]).

Though I was able to find about four threads on other forums mentioning this issue (Oct. 2018), there was no solution offered other than rolling back (to 300) series drivers. I'm not certain but I believe that in general, people on the Nvidia forums, were directed to the blender forums, and vice-versa. So, as I have rolled back to the 300 series drivers, I'm O.K. for now and not seeking assistance or asking anyone to do any research on my behalf. But as the issue doesn't seem to have been mentioned anywhere recently, I'm wondering if anyone here had a similar issue, and whether there was an easy fix that I missed, or maybe if it's a very hardware specific problem, or if it was "fixed" for versions later than 2.44/2.6, which are the versions that I use.

In order to recreate in G.I.M.P., the look of the textures in the UV window in blender while the issue was present, I had to use the "Curves" filter or adjustment, to a rather extreme degree (darkest pixels remain black, while everything else looks high gamma).

Thanks -H.M.

Edited by Hatemiser