• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Combine99

Combine99

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Could someone explain how killmoves are handled in Skyrim? I want to limit dragon's bite killmove to only if you're at something like 30% health so they don't immediately chomp you as soon as you get close.

thumbincubation

thumbincubation

Resident poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

My understanding of it is, in the vanilla game, if the attacker delivers an attack able to kill the victim in one shot, it triggers a kill move.  (ie: you have 50 health, they have a 55 attack)    With player attacks, the game limits the kill move to the last enemy, so even if you can completely destroy the first three, you won't get a kill move unless you can completely destroy the last one, as well.  With attacks on the player, it doesn't seem to be that way, as I have been the first one killed, in fantastic, gory style, and could still see/hear the battle raging around me.

As far as how to modify them, I have  no idea.  You might reach out to the author of Violens, and see if they can offer any tips.  For an easy fix, you could download/use Violens, as I believe there is a feature in the MCM, which shuts off killmoves against the player.  That being said, if you're attacked by a dragon which can one-shot kill you, you're still going to die. It just won't be fabulous.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: killmoves, creation kit, killcam

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.183 seconds