Need help finding an appropriate weapon model for a custom weapon

shulme

I recently put out https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/66432 , which allows Mad Bombers to convert certain explosive launchers to fire mad-bomber explosives such as MFC mines and fat mines. However, that's only the beginning.

Introducing the crown jewel of the end-goal of the mod: The Variable Explosive Launcher Delivering Armageddon... Though I like to call her Velda. Velda will be able to fire just about every explosive you can scavenge, from frag, plasma, and pulse grenades and mines, bottlecap mines, demolition charges, time bombs, powder charges, and even satchel charges. The initial version will have recipes to convert said explosives into compatible ammunition, though hopefully the final version will have a script to auto-convert all applicable explosives in your inventory to ammunition and back again when the weapon is unequipped.

The only problem: I can't seem to find an appropriate weapon to base it off of in the new vegas files! My first thought was the Rock-It Launcher, but while some files do remain for it, not enough for me to use. (For some reason, I can't find NIF files anywhere in the data folder where theyre supposed to be...)

If anyone can point me to an appropriate modder's resource or something, that'd be great.

In retrospect, I have decided to go ahead and make the weapon anyway- Along with some MFC Cluster varieties, so you can make Clusters of dynamite, frag grenades, and whatever else. Hopefully Nexus users won't mind suspending their disbelief at random vanilla models, right?

Look for NIF files in the "Fallout - Meshes.BSA" file. (DDS files are in the "Fallout - Textures/Textures2.BSA" files.) See the "Programs and Tools" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article for options and warnings on extracting from them from a BSA.

If you are going to create your own weapon, consider basing it on either the M32 Grenade Launcher

or the Mk19 Automatic Grenade Launcher.

-Dubious-