Vortex, 7 days to die, Load orders

DUST2DEATH

Ive been testing Vortex with 7 days to die and reading said documentation via knowledge base.

Unfortunately the bulk of the documentation does not apply (such as install orders etc) as the game reads the files in the Mods folder based on Folder File name and loads Alphabetically.

With the new system that The Fun Pimps implemented, load orders will be necessary, as well as conflict resolution based on the xml config files.

Is there a way to manually add rules even when no conflicts exist/detected?

Is this something that can be added to Vortex? second to this can Vortex rename the folders in the mod directory based on the rules set?

Not really any specific link as such, but I'll detail as best I can.

In Alpha 17 the game will now look for a folder called "Mods" in the root game directory.

Inside the mods folder you place your "modlets". These are loaded Alphabetically. Currently the only way to change the load order is to rename the folder. We have been leaving this up to users to do manually.

AhEELvB.jpg

Inside the main folder is mod/ModInfo.xml containing the mods Name/description/version.
Config folder contains the config files
ItemIcons is self explantory.
Resources contains Unity Bundles.

yCJb9w9.jpg

The config directory consists of files of the same name as vanilla, but contain XPath directives which are now processed at run time. So hard modding the xml files is no longer necessary.
YLg0JmL.jpg

because of the xpath processing on the fly is where load orders are necessary when combining mods, just like in skyrim as there may be a dependency on another "modlet".

Its where conflicts will happen. eg: If modlet A removes a node and then Modlet B tries to access the now removed node (it will just fail silently with a warning in the console).

I dont know if its anything within the scope of what you are looking at but I didnt think it could hurt to ask :)

• 2 weeks later...