Runewords on weapons without enchanting

Kayal

Hey everyone,

does anybody know if it possible to add runewords to armor and weapons without enchanting them? Via mod of course.

If tried modifying the manticor set by adding

<base_abilities>
	<a>Default armor _Stats</a>
	<a>Red Wolf Armor 1 _Stats</a>
	<a>Glyphword 1 _Stats</a>       <!--Deflection = Armor deflects all arrows -->
</base_abilities>

Sadly that doesn't seem to work :(

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone,

does anybody know if it possible to add runewords to armor and weapons without enchanting them? Via mod of course.

<base_abilities>
</base_abilities>

Sadly that doesn't seem to work :sad:

TL;DR - I realize you were asking about doing this via Mod - so, forewarned that this is a console function. That said - making it in to a mod should be straightforward - with a bit of script of course. I got a bit excited, obviously lol - apologies for the lengthy bit that follows, heh. Just documenting the console function a bit. Cheers, aprilia1k

Found a debug-console function that is pretty flexible: rw() function. SIgnature implies you can use it for Glyphs and Runes both:

exec function rw(typ : string, optional removeAllExisting : bool, optional onSilverSword : bool)

It appears that arg1 should be the name of the Rune or Glyph, i.e. "Severance", "Replenishment", "Preservation", "Dumplings" lol, "Entanglement" (glyph), "Ignition" (glyph), "Deflection" - there ya go. It can instead start with 'r' or 'g' and end with a number (1-12 for Runes, 1-20 for Glyphs), but that seems more of a pain. Seems that just "R2" will add Severance to a sword, "G15" will add Entanglement to armor - but definitely .. harder to remember lol.

Less typing I suppose -

rw('r2') for severance on silver steel, rw('g15') for entanglement, or simply rw('g1') for Deflection -- crazy.. but think it should work.
Try this in the debug console - I imagine that your swords must have 3-slots: works on any swords or armor apparently.
For swords:
In console: rw("Severance", false, true)
Add severance to your equipped silver sword
rw('r2',false,true) will do the same thing, but pretty cryptic.
If you want to enchant your steel sword, only use the first argument, no need for arg2 or 3:

In console: rw("Preservation")
Add preservation to your equipped steel sword (steel sword is default if you leave off the 2nd and 3rd argument, same as saying false for that 3rd argument but easier eh?)
For ARMOR:
In console: rw("Entanglement")

Add Entanglement to your equipped armor. Just by specifying the name of a glyph, you're automatically targeting your equipped armor - so it seems.

rw("Deflection")
And there's your Deflection glyph added to equipped, 3-slot armor! It makes 3 slots if they aren't there.
Try rw('G1') instead - same result - Deflection on your armor. Case matters not for this usage, but when you name the Rune or Glyph, as in the first example, case matters for sure.

That one console function seems coded to enchant anything you have - if equipped items are not enchantable for some reason, it will add a Gnomish steel sword, or a silver "Azurewrath" sword -- or, for a glyph,a piece of 'Medium armor 05r'.

Seems that this should work without writing any code, right from the console - who knew? You gave me the idea to go looking - so, thanks man! :-)

I can't try this out right now - but I will when I get a chance - looks like it should work.

If you get a chance - let me know. UPDATE: I tested it and it works. It's not a mod -- but, it's better than running off to the Runewrite (runewright?)... yeah

WORKS!

Cheers,

aprilia1k - Stephen

Edited by aprilia1k

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone,

<base_abilities>
</base_abilities>

Sadly that doesn't seem to work :sad:

TL;DR - I realize you were asking about doing this via Mod - so, forewarned that this is a console function. That said - making it in to a mod should be straightforward - with a bit of script of course. I got a bit excited, obviously lol - apologies for the lengthy bit that follows, heh. Just documenting the console function a bit. Cheers, aprilia1k

Found a debug-console function that is pretty flexible: rw() function. SIgnature implies you can use it for Glyphs and Runes both:

exec function rw(typ : string, optional removeAllExisting : bool, optional onSilverSword : bool)

It appears that arg1 should be the name of the Rune or Glyph, i.e. "Severance", "Replenishment", "Preservation", "Dumplings" lol, "Entanglement" (glyph), "Ignition" (glyph), "Deflection" - there ya go. It can instead start with 'r' or 'g' and end with a number (1-12 for Runes, 1-20 for Glyphs), but that seems more of a pain. Seems that just "R2" will add Severance to a sword, "G15" will add Entanglement to armor - but definitely .. harder to remember lol.

Less typing I suppose -

rw('r2') for severance on silver steel, rw('g15') for entanglement, or simply rw('g1') for Deflection -- crazy.. but think it should work.
Try this in the debug console - I imagine that your swords must have 3-slots: works on any swords or armor apparently.
For swords:
In console: rw("Severance", false, true)
Add severance to your equipped silver sword
rw('r2',false,true) will do the same thing, but pretty cryptic.
If you want to enchant your steel sword, only use the first argument, no need for arg2 or 3:

In console: rw("Preservation")
Add preservation to your equipped steel sword (steel sword is default if you leave off the 2nd and 3rd argument, same as saying false for that 3rd argument but easier eh?)
For ARMOR:
In console: rw("Entanglement")

Add Entanglement to your equipped armor. Just by specifying the name of a glyph, you're automatically targeting your equipped armor - so it seems.

rw("Deflection")
And there's your Deflection glyph added to equipped, 3-slot armor! It makes 3 slots if they aren't there.
Try rw('G1') instead - same result - Deflection on your armor. Case matters not for this usage, but when you name the Rune or Glyph, as in the first example, case matters for sure.

That one console function seems coded to enchant anything you have - if equipped items are not enchantable for some reason, it will add a Gnomish steel sword, or a silver "Azurewrath" sword -- or, for a glyph,a piece of 'Medium armor 05r'.

Seems that this should work without writing any code, right from the console - who knew? You gave me the idea to go looking - so, thanks man! :-)

I can't try this out right now - but I will when I get a chance - looks like it should work.

If you get a chance - let me know. UPDATE: I tested it and it works. It's not a mod -- but, it's better than running off to the Runewrite (runewright?)... yeah

WORKS!

Cheers,

aprilia1k - Stephen

Hey, i realize im 2 years late, but would it be possible to apply this to Caretakers Spade, even though it isnt a sword?

• 4 months later...

Can you enchant other pieces of equipped items as well, like a mask or the saddle or whatnot? Or can you add multiple enchantments to the same piece of gear, like stacking 5 glyphs on your armor..?

Just a greedy thought, but I'm trying to learn how this works.