The meaning of Pro-Choice ?

Mktavish

Ya it makes you wonder what exactly that means ... aborting at the time when the birth process has started.

How do they minimize the damage the birth process would end up doing to a woman's body beyond what the pregnancy has already done. Which is pretty much what a pro-choice position is about right ?

A C-section wouldn't be wanted unless trying to save the baby , right ?

So that means chopping it up and bringing it out in pieces through the birth canal ?

Which sounds like it has it's own level of risk to the woman's body ... thereby is this moment of choice really about a woman's right over their bodies , or something else ?

Like the use of fetal tissue in medical research and procedures ?

In which I would say it is better to just have out with the truth of it , and convince people on the merits of that. Instead of disguise it behind a woman's right to choose.

Lets not live in some la la land of fake morality as the general public ... while the rich and powerful can and do benefit from a dark world of medical treatment that flourishes because of the curtain we allow to shield it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rationale over this whole debate is this: Would it be ethical to have all your non vital organs harvested mandatorily, and at any time, to save someone else's life? The woman is after all, donating her entire body to this baby for 9 months to save its life. It's about being about to choose what happens with your body. Is it heroic for mothers to go through 9 months of pain hell to birth a child? Of course! Should we be able to force them? NO!

My rationale over this whole debate is this: Would it be ethical to have all your non vital organs harvested mandatorily, and at any time, to save someone else's life? The woman is after all, donating her entire body to this baby for 9 months to save its life. It's about being about to choose what happens with your body. Is it heroic for mothers to go through 9 months of pain hell to birth a child? Of course! Should we be able to force them? NO!

Is it really her body or is it someone else's enviroment. The placenta serves the function to separate the baby from the mother and place the baby within its own enviroment in which to grow. And its not 9 months of pain hell , most mothers experience no pain til the moment of birthing.

The reason I point this out is that I have worked in farming and there is a practice of inducing a cow to abort the calf in order to provide the tenderest of veal , now animal activists will say that calf has a right to exist and the practice is inhumane. I fail to see how that right is not extended to unborn babies. And I think that is the real problem , people like to cherry pick their own morality.

The anti-natalist in me is intrigued.

Why bother? There is only one end to this, cold vast space and the journey is filled with pain, goodbyes and sorrow.

At some point everything has drifted so much apart that no light from other stars can reach us, and then we are truly alone.

Everything ends in an literally hell when our sun eventually dies 200 million years after humans do.

Don't try too hard.

The dad/boyfriend in me would not dare to tell a woman what to do with her body and subsequently her life for the next 18 years.

• 2 weeks later...

The anti-natalist in me is intrigued.

Why bother? There is only one end to this, cold vast space and the journey is filled with pain, goodbyes and sorrow.

At some point everything has drifted so much apart that no light from other stars can reach us, and then we are truly alone.

Everything ends in an literally hell when our sun eventually dies 200 million years after humans do.

Don't try too hard.

The dad/boyfriend in me would not dare to tell a woman what to do with her body and subsequently her life for the next 18 years.

Nice awnser !

But the point here is abortion at the point of birth ... which at I guess we have to say ... anytime before that ... is a womans choice about their body , and how that continued process will effect it.

But when you have gone to term , and are ready to give birth. Why not just finish the process since chopping up the baby to bring the pieces out the birth canal does have it's own level of risk.

It crosses the line of killing a life leaving no impact to the mothers choice which has not already been done.

Hence thinking about the harm to the mother for doing that . The safer bet to her body is to just have a live birth.

This new anitiative is not the pro choice that I know. It has to be something else , like harvesting fetal tissue , it makes no sense otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Pro choice is simple. It is a woman's having a choice whether on not to terminate a pregnancy. That choice belongs to the pregnant woman and her choice is nobodies business.

Everyone else who would deny a woman this choice is attempting to inject their arbitrary morality into someone else's life.

Pro choice is simple. It is a woman's having a choice whether on not to terminate a pregnancy. That choice belongs to the pregnant woman and her choice is nobodies business.

Everyone else who would deny a woman this choice is attempting to inject their arbitrary morality into someone else's life.

Isn't all morality arbitrary though?