[LE] Two Reference Aliases Pointing to the Same Object

I was wondering what would happen if two quests in Skyrim pointed to the same object reference.

For example, what if I had a quest that uses Sebastion Lort from Rimerock Burrow and the Clavicas Vile quest as a reference? In the Clavicus Vile quest, Lort gets reserved as a reference, but my quest will most likely begin before Calvicus Vile's quest does (not reserving Lort as a reference), but there is a chance that they might be running at the same time.

Another question I have is whether or not two quests play nicely together if they both point to the same object reference but one quest is designed to create an NPC at that reference.

The example for this is Movarth's Lair in Morthal. Say that, this time, my quest uses Movarth (actually the generic vampire boss that spawns in the Lair before the Morthal quest) as a reference, not reserving him, but the player does not complete my quest before he goes to Morthal and starts the quest to kill Movarth. Movarth gets created at the boss reference for the location. Would my quest's reference then get screwed up not knowing where to point, or would it happily change its reference to point to Movarth?

Two aliases not marking the reference as reserved = no issues at all.

If one alias is marked as reserved, the other one must be marked as "allow reserved", or otherwise it will fail to fill. Meaning that if you mark the second one as reserved too, then the first one would need to be marked "allow reserved". So in your Sebastian Lort example, don't mark your alias as reserved - unless you plan to edit the original Clavicus Vile alias too.

I don't know about your Movarth example - that depends on how the quest in question handles the situation. If Movarth is a reference that gets enabled, while the generic vampire boss gets disabled, then it will cause issues, because you won't be able to use a disabled reference for much in your own quest. On the other hand, if "Movarth" is just a name that gets assigned to the generic vampire boss, so that the actual reference is still the same, then the alias in your own quest will still point at that reference, Movarth or not.

I hope I made any sense :)

Thank you for replying.

I think that makes sense. Two aliases pointing to one reference does not cancel out one or the other, even if one is marked as reserved and the other is marked as allow reserved.

Please tell me if I got that right.

Movarth is, in fact, enabled and the radiant boss is disabled during the Morthal quest, so I will stay away from using Movarth's Lair in my own quest.

Thank you again.