Vortex can't deploy mods help

TheCat1205

hi again, i installed vortex and tryed installing some mods, but when i tryed to deploy the mods i got this message "failed to deploy mods" once i clicked more and show details I was met with this "spaghetti"

Error: Unexpected token in JSON at position 0.

*** When you report this, please include the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\data\vortex.deployment.json ***"
at tagFile (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\webpack:\src\extensions\mod_management\util\activationStore.ts:172:41)
at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:512:31)
at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:569:18)
at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:614:10)
at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:689:18)
at Async._drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:133:16)
at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:143:10)
at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:17:14)
at <anonymous>
i tryed to do the first part of it but when i looked my files up i didnt have this file, "vortex.deployment.json ***", i didnt have it help i guess.
thanks
btw yea i did uninstall NMM if this could give me any issues

I only have one drive is there another way this could be appening

Do you have your Mod Staging Folder inside your game folder? If so, use Vortex to move it out of your game folder altogether.

Also, in requesting help with your Vortex problems, please follow the guidelines in this link: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7332636-how-to-post-request-support-for-vortex/.

The information requested helps us better understand your issues so that they can be resolved quickly.

• 3 months later...

Failed to Deploy Mods

Im using the newest version of vortex (0.17.11), Im playing Skyrim LE with 42 mods. AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six core processor, 3.40 ghz dan 16GB ram, using windows 10 pro 64 bit

Using vortex and suddenly i cant deploy my mods

Error: Unexpected token in JSON at position 3145688.

any solution?

Thx

In your Skyrim LE game data folder, you should have a file named "vortex.deployment.json." If so, exit the game and exit Vortex. Rename the "vortex.deployment.json" file, restart Vortex and launch your game. Here is a thread where that solution is described in a bit more detail: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/7611838-error-unexpected-token-in-json-at-position-0/?hl=%2Bjson&do=findComment&comment=69775748.

What do you mean "every single option for deployment is greyed out"? That's not how it works, Vortex doesn't show deployment methods as greyed out, it doesn't list them at all.

When no deployment methods are available you get an error notification that tells you the reason they are unavailable for each one, what's the reason stated for "hardlink deployment" being unavailable?

www.ttrockstars.com

Edited by Aiden6212

Side note: It appears you are installing your Steam games in Program Files (x86). That is a generally terrible place to put them.

Consider moving them to C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common.

Program Files is a Windows protected directory. Great place for applications - bad place for Steam games than change a lot.

Side note: It appears you are installing your Steam games in Program Files (x86). That is a generally terrible place to put them.

Consider moving them to C:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common.

Program Files is a Windows protected directory. Great place for applications - bad place for Steam games than change a lot.

I wouldn't sign that, file permissions can be overridden as you go further down the directory tree so "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data" can have all the write access you need while everything else in "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps" remains read-only and thereby protected.

So it's perfectly legit, actually advisable to keep your games in program files, as long as you understand how to configure file permissions.

If your alternatives however are "install games outside program files" and "run everything as admin" then yes, the former is preferable.