• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

fcara1

fcara1

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
It IS being updated, and if the threat is closet, then another one is opened by the devs (usually the link for the new one is in the last posts, number 200 or so). The updates can take a few days sometimes, but it surely will be. Always.

WizardOfAtlantis

WizardOfAtlantis

Catching and Eating Butterflies around Whiterun since '11

• Premium Member
  • 1,610 posts
whoah, thanks, Xalcon. I'll look into that! : )

Kalell

Kalell

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
I've never had any trouble with my load orders (knock on wood) but BOSS could be very useful if I ever run into a conflict I can't solve on my own. Usually deactivating mods and starting the game to see if it still crashes/clashes weeds out the culprit. Many of the mods I use were created by myself or others that haven't uploaded them for wide use so they aren't on BOSS's index. It's still a great tool though.

What would really be great is a way to scan all the active plugins and look for conflicts. Then it could display the info so you could decide which plugins you wanted to take priority over the others that edited the same data.

kto500dave

kto500dave

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
my game is crashing no matter what even with boss. no mods for me?
everything looks in order with load order and boss says its all good . i dont know

MotoSxorpio

MotoSxorpio

quod creare nostra res

• Premium Member
  • 6,383 posts
Nice video Gopher. Thanks for taking the time to create the vid, gotta be useful for newbies to our community. Bookmarked for referencing in said newbies. Cheers!

Hoamaii

Hoamaii

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,156 posts
Great tutorial as usual!.. Clear, articulate, simple... I'm a fairly newcomer to modding and your videos have helped me a LOT understand what I'm doing. Thanks to you (and all the Forum people), I've never felt "stupid" nor helpless when trouble occurs. Thanks a million for that! Cheers to you from Paris :0)
PS. Actually yes, there still is an instance when I feel helpless, it's when Steam single-mindedly decides to overwrite my various settings and won't let me start the game unless I let it synchronize my files!.. Happened again recently, I had spent hours getting rid of CTDs and all was running smoothly again until Steam decided it did not like it: next thing I know 5 minutes after re-starting the game, CTDs were back!.. (All I had done this time was uncheck the "auto-update" box, and first thing it does is block my launcher and overwrite all my files just to recheck the damn auto-update for me!.. I understand the marketing reasons for it but if you ask me, Steam's a real pain in the... game!)

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
I remember when I first started modding. I went and got almost every single mod in existence without any knowledge of load orders and........... well, I think you can guess what happened next :P

bben46

bben46

I had a title once, but I forgot what it was.

• Premium Member
  • 24,973 posts
Thank you Gopher for another great tutorial.
I have added a link to this on my troubleshooting blog. :thumbsup:

random007

random007

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 189 posts
(((BOSS for Skyrim (and versions for other Bethesda games) is indeed being actively developed and expanded - Bethsoft Forum threads are closed after 200 posts as policy, so the thread link in the documentation is usually outdated by the time you read it. Just look in the Skyrim Modding forum - the latest BOSS thread is usually in the topmost 20 or so threads.)))

Edited by random007, 24 July 2012 - 08:40 PM.

gerryedson

gerryedson

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Very good tutorial, it's amazing how a person can do things wrong, for example, I'm mod mad and installed lots of mods I always had trouble having to re adjust load orders all the time, after this turorial I downloaded Boss run it and it found that I had errors. When I looked at the errors using your info a couple of the mods wouldn't have worked properly anyway, I disabled them, and it works fine now. Thankyou

Page loaded in: 1.005 seconds