Skyrim Pregnancy: Why is it so hard?

Cipherthe3vil

Why does everyone say making a Skyrim Pregnancy mod would be hard, or a serious undertaking. Or overly complected.

People make new items all the time, and new races all the time. Armors replace the torso anyway, why can't it just be an item that is equipped and you can't remove it which alters the shape to fit a new shape to match the stage of the pregnancy. Just a handful of these items with growing size that are equipped and replaced as time travels, enchantments and penalties attached to the item could simulate the effects of the pregnancy.

The baby itself would just be an item, its not like newborns do much anyway, but an actual system for infants can be something for later. Until then, just an item and focus on pregnancy itself for now (Perhaps they could just be creatures, not exactly NPCs... *shrug*)

My point is, people make small scripts all the time. People make items all the time. Body replacers all the time. So really, how hard can this be :psyduck:

The hardest thing would probably be to make it detect something like AP or Mini Lovers, but it doesn't need to. It could just be a power you activate to start the process (Pretend if you didn't use the power that you used protection or something.)

I don't care how unrealistic it is so long as there is something. Once there is something, generally someone else or the original creator themselves build upon it.

I'm just asking why everyone says its hard. What are the challenges and all that.

Edited by Cipherthe3vil

,, the hard part would be the scripting i say, but elrier when skyrim was fresh i saw someone do a facial texture growth, cant rem the name thought, it was cycle scripted,,a similar script to that and a few different state with a pregnat tummy might work but i dont know how game handles to reupload other mesh each game month-.- if that is possible, if is is it might lagg the game abit :o

I once made a quest for Oblivion where you had sex with this npc and when you went back to see her she was pregnant. Each time you went back after some time I had her clothing change so she was a bit bigger (I used 4 different meshes).

Like many of my projects I got bored of it and never finished but the point I'm trying to make is that it's possible.

edit: I should post a screenshot....pretty funny actually.

Edited by DizzasterJuice

the one I did for oblivion

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/timsibson/oblivion/pregnancy01.jpg

Looks pretty nice. :happy:

All these Oblivion mods make we want to play Oblivion again... Just for all the mods, and to see if I can play it on high graphics, since this computer can play Skyrim on medium, it should do Oblivion fine. I always ran Oblivion on lower end settings, my mind was blown, dazzled, and dazed when I first loaded up Skyrim on this computer.

But I shouldn't have too much of a problem with some enhancement mods and running on a higher graphics setting with Oblivion. All the mods there are for it...

I still remember waiting hopeful ages for Goram's... Life System or something like that. It sounded like it was nearly complete when it was disbanded.

Edited by Cipherthe3vil

Why does everyone say making a Skyrim Pregnancy mod would be hard, or a serious undertaking. Or overly complected.

This reminds me of a line from a story book for children that went something like, "Try it, try it, you will see!"

Why don't you build this mod if it is so easy to do? I am thinking that if this mod was something that was readily doable, it would have been done by now, perhaps by several modding teams. It isn't just pushing the envelope on one front, but on several at once.

This sounds more like a request to me personally. And yes, if it were that easy it would have been done, ro you could easily learn the CK like me or David and just do it yourself. I personally so great pleasure out of seeing a baby bump on my females or having them wear little cat costumes like being preggo (<- jokester alert).

So I'm going to ask you... what can you do for me?

Look, getting pregnent has allways been hard for some, expecialy in an age filled with led and mercury poisoning and industrial chemicals. My advice to you is keep trying, every chance you get, in the car, in the office, in the park, in the laundry mat, eventualy its gonna work, and if not, go with the test tube. Besides, there is allways adoption, world is overpopulated as it is, why not give a child a home who needs one?