Skyrim Pregnancy: Why is it so hard?

Cipherthe3vil

• 3 weeks later...

check this moder resource, cheer him up to continue, test it on ur skyrim i like the idea and the evolution of the idea http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12419#content

actuality is great, i tested with several followers and eventually a more boy or girl shows up in the place where ur girl is at the time of birth, hope the work on this mod continues

Edited by xornfl

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, there is already quite bit of the work done that would need to go into a pregnancy mod. To make a pregnancy mod as we had in Fallout or Oblivion, you need three thins. Sex Anims, Pregnancy bodies, and scripting.

1) Sex animations. Obviously, we've got these. A lot of them, actually.

2) Pregnant body. There are at least two of these right now, both on another Skyrim modding site. So, they do exist, just not on the Nexus.

3) Scripting for the pregnancy to happen. We've got this too. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12419 And it's right here on the Nexus, and it pretty much works. :)

Really, all we need is someone to put these three things together, so that the pregnancy scripts trigger either at intervals or randomly after the Sex animation has taken place.

Edited by Thoragoros

• 3 weeks later...

All I'd like to see is a pregnancy slider in Caliente's BodySlide.

If we at least had a pregnancy mesh (though I'd prefer the slider) one could fake a pregnancy and roleplay the rest. All I really want is to see my in-game wife Muiri pregnant and I don't care if I have to use the console to make it happen. I don't need a mod for it. In fact, I'd enjoy the extra control I'd have without a mod and only a mesh (slider). Then I could make my own mod and assign a custom body mesh to Muiri and then just use the console to increase her weight when I want her belly to grow.

Unfortunately I lack the skills and know-how to do meshes or add sliders to Caliente's BodySlide. Therefore all I can do is request that someone else do it and then just hope that someone does it.

A slider would be better than a mesh because Caliente's BodySlide would allow you to build any body type and then make it pregnant. With a finished mesh you wouldn't have any control.

While I hate some creations I've seen with it, I would imagine this is easily achieved thanks to SKSE. SKSE has commands that allow you to swap out models if im not mistaken. I think you could do this with the players body and a script that watches how much ingame time passes and alter it accordingly. So long as armor is fitted properly as well. Perhaps pregnancy should limit the player at a certain point to remaining non-hostile for a little. Well non-hostile in the fighting sense, emotionally un-controllable in the social sense.

I thin kthe main problem would be the long-period scope of the mod. not only would you need to script and animate the pregnancy, but also the child growing up. Babies after all don't stay babies forever. You would need to mesh, script, and animate the child's complete growth cycle for it to make sense, not to mention all the other doo dads that come with NPC's like voiced lines and AI packages, all of which would also need to be attached to an aging script too. In terms of scale it sounds more like a DLC. You would also need to change the pregnant spouse's AI packages during the pregnancy, and after while they are taking care of an infant. I can't imagine Lydia for example accompanying you on an adventure with a babie in her arms, let alone while pregnant.

Personally, I'm not really interesed myself. I can't imagine my Dovahkin sticking around taking care of a kid for years while Dragons are playing outside asking me to come out and play.

Edited by LordSarcasm

One of the things I'd be interested in helping design are children of various growth stages-- I do 3d modeling and reference sheets. It's just a small piece of the pie, I know, but as an immersion fanatic I've always been interested in seeing this done.