Dialogue Continues on its own

Luniartic

Hello there guys, I was hoping someone could help me with a bug I have encountered.

Firstly I have to say that I only played the elf mage origin so I don't know if it exists in any other origin lines.
I'm also using a couple of mods, not many, but here is the list:

Alistair Morph

Eye Texture Replace

Elf Ears Replace

Realistic Teeth

Better Makeup

Respecification DAO

FtG UI MOD

Qwinn's Ultimate DAO FixPack

Extended Dog Talents

Theta HD

Eyebrow Presets

No Helmet Hack

The Mystery of Missing Kaddis Store

The Mystery of Missing Kaddis

Combat Animations

Smooth Movement

So, my problem is that some npc dialogues continue on their own. Specifically, when I start a dialogue with them, the subtitle and the options don't show up (although I have them active) and the game picks an option on its own and continues. That happened twice now once with the tavern own in Lothering, which also requires a full restart of the game as my character is stuck in an infinite loop of asking for news(?) and secondly with the dwarf that gets attacked on the bridge in Lothering by Darkspawn. I have stopped playing as I want to be able to pick my answers and I don't want this to happen with a really important option.

If anyone has any idea why that happens please let me know as it's my first playthrough and I don't want to start over, only to find out it happens in other origins aswell.

Thanks a lot!

I'm not familiar with the respec mod, but of the other mods you've listed, I believe the only ones that would affect dialogue at all are Quinns and the Kaddis Store, though I didn't touch anything but the restored NPC merchant in the Frostbacks. I have had reports that other of my mods are rendered obsolete or non-functional by Quinns pack, so I suppose it might be my Kaddis merchant. Take that out, and see if the issue resolves.

And I apologize if, in fact. my mod is at fault.

Edited by theskymoves

I'm not familiar with the respec mod, but of the other mods you've listed, I believe the only ones that would affect dialogue at all are Quinns and the Kaddis Store, though I didn't touch anything but the restored NPC merchant in the Frostbacks. I have had reports that other of my mods are rendered obsolete or non-functional by Quinns pack, so I suppose it might be my Kaddis merchant. Take that out, and see if the issue resolves.

And I apologize if, in fact. my mod is at fault.

Hey, thanks for the quick response!

Unfortunately removing your mod didn't solve the problem. I also tried disabling Quinns mod but no luck either, so if you have any other idea it would be really helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this exact same problem! With the bartender in Lothering and with Bodahn! I don't want to take pleasure in your suffering but I'm glad I'm not the only one haha. I've tried emptying out my mods folder and repairing the game but no dice, it still happens :/ I'm not sure what could be causing it.

• 4 months later...

Ok I found the file because I had to the same problem its a file called SinglePlayer_en-us.tlk. It was in the Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/modules/Single Player/overide/toolsetexport folder. (i dont know how that file got there) I removed that file and it was fixed. I put the file back in the folder and the problem came back, I removed it and the problem was gone. So that is the file that causes those particular NPCS for the dialog options to disappear and it auto plays. Hope it works you guys because I searched the internet and found no answers. I am going to copy and paste to the other sites where people asked this question and got no solutions.

Edited by fightinfears

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Ok I found the file because I had to the same problem its a file called SinglePlayer_en-us.tlk. It was in the Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age/modules/Single Player/overide/toolsetexport folder. (i dont know how that file got there) I removed that file and it was fixed. I put the file back in the folder and the problem came back, I removed it and the problem was gone. So that is the file that causes those particular NPCS for the dialog options to disappear and it auto plays. Hope it works you guys because I searched the internet and found no answers. I am going to copy and paste to the other sites where people asked this question and got no solutions.

OMG! You're awesome!! You just fixed the problem that I've had since last night. I almost uninstalled the game, but thanks to you, I can play on. :wub: