Main Quest - how it should look like?

nayakri

My dear friend, I'm writing additional lines to the dialogue and add some non-complicated scripts - not doing the whole quest rework XD If I have been that advanced, I'd stick to my Mage mod and finish it.

I'll think about adding some crazy dialogue to Esbern (for example, to mess with the guy for the sake of player's fun), but I don't think I'll let him be part of the main quest without Delphine - doesn't add up for me, sorry. But you could make it on your own, if you really want it :D

Hm. I can't really remember meeting with Esbern (geez, it was really long time ago since I have actually played the whole game). Does he really react immediately to you stating "I'm the Dragonborn"? If so, I'll have to fix that.

I have a note for tablet, so as soon as I'll get there (exams first, sorry), I'll fix it. Somehow. I'll let my imagination flow.

No silly bugs usage in my mod :D Maybe I'll close the whole area, so you won't be able to get there at all without the Greybeards and their help? Eh, I don't know. I'm in for making the game as RPG as possible, but I'm afraid of making the main plot too irrelevant - what's the point of doing it if you can hop to Paarthurnax for the tea at any point of the game? Not to mention it would kinda mess with everything else.

I already drafted the possiblity of getting that bloody scroll without making magic tricks or getting a tour while trying to find library (yes, I know that most of the players can get there with their eyes closed, but I'm thinking about the game character role-playing).

But I don't see any reason to tell them that you are the Dragonborn before this quest. So you're a Dragonborn. You can Shout. Awesome. What did you want again?

Aphranius? Who is he? I feel stupid... I guess he's called differently in my native language... I'll look it up later.

Act 1 - considering you have to kill a dragon to progress anyhow (with or without vanilla content), you'll discover being Dragonborn quite quickly. Hard not to, with all these guards staring at you with their jaws on the ground.

Act 2 - most of people would encourage you to kill the creature that wants to destroy their known universe. Kinda. I think only cultists and crazy ones would oppose you. And draugrs. And bandits. And every hostile creature that lives in Skyrim.

Act 3 - I think Ulfric would have something to say about this. Something nasty.

ACT 4! Dragonborn mantles with Talos and becomes a living god! Alright, no. I've read too many Shezzarine theories, I guess.

I'm not sure if prolonging the main quest is necessary. I mean, some of the periods are intend to include are up to a week or two of break, so the whole quest won't feel as short as it was before.

If I understand this properly: you want some additional quests to do while waiting for the main quest to continue. And, maybe, some information about how long it will take for the main quest to procede forward.

1st - I would definitely not do it on the first run when it comes to this mod. I could make some "dlc" after finishing it. I try to keep close to the main job (dialogues, complete quests), so as not to get overworked and give up after making a few lines in CK.

2nd - I don't think I'll do it. I can give you straight example from Balgruuf dialogue I have already written: he tells you to go, rest, do something else. Later on, he won't even rush you to the Greybeards and suggest you may be a good addition to the Companions. So you will be kinda informed: ok, this is your time to do something else, go and enjoy other aspects of the game. When the time comes, the courier, ever tough and fearing nothing, will find on the end of the world to deliver you a note that will inform that it is the time to continue.

And if you do have some crazy idea that bounces in your mind relentlessly, feel free to PM me.