New to Mods, seeking advice

DevilWarship

Playing all of Morrowind year and years ago changed me as a gamer. I've tried starting Oblivion multiple times since then, but it's hideousness was too off-putting.

After putting hundreds of hours into non-modded Skyrim, I want to try Oblivion again, but on my terms. I'm hoping folks here can help me with basic info and recommendations.

(BTW: I have the Steam version of Oblivion, if that matters.)

What I'm hoping for:

1. The most recommended bug fixes

2. Overall graphics improvement (I don't need graphics improvement which will break my graphics card, just enough to make the game actually attractive.)

3. Character model improvement, especially:

a. Both male and female nudes

b. In an ideal game world, there would be a random assortment of female body-types. (IMO, the fun of stripping enemies is of never knowing exactly what you're going to find under the clothing.)

c. I'd like to be able to customize the female nudes out of the "generic giant-breasted, hairless glamor girl" look that most modders seem to like.

d. I'd prefer a random variety of female NPCs in-game, but if I can only have one female body type, I'm specifically hoping for fit female characters with small breasts and natural, full bushes of pubic hair.

3. The most widely recommended gameplay-improving/expanding mod(s).

4. Do I need a download/mod manager to make all my mods play well together?

My PC is neither a potato nor a particularly good one. It's good enough that I just "finished" Metal Gear Solid V with the graphics still looking amazing (to me).

Recommendations?

Thanks!

Edited by DevilWarship

1 - I think it's the Unofficial Oblivion patch

2- I never tried it but you should like Qarl's texture pack

3- HGEC is the most popular body-altering mod and it offers a lot of choices

4- No, but you should better take a non-nexus download manager/accelerator for the heaviest ones like Firefox download manager

Edited by Oblivionaddicted

1) Unofficial Patches ... e.g. Unofficial Oblivion Patch ... see mod description for further options.

EngineBugFixes ... requires OBSE.

2) Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion ... actually sort of a one-stop-shop for a lot of what you're asking.

3) Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 ... note that this is trying to follow your order of suggestion requests, not install order.

a. EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion & RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52 ... both include complete equipment replacers and some options for base body types.

b. Blockhead ... how much time you spend Blockheading = how much variety you'll get.

SetBody Reloaded Blockhead Edition ... you can use it as an easier, softer method of the "how much time" part above, or you can be like an old school dinosaur like me and use it as a source of meshes for the getting your own hands dirty method.

c. See b. above.

d. See b & c above for body meshes ... FCPA Flat Chest Plump Ass Body Replacer ... includes the hairiest pubic hair option I've ever found (but the files in Textures\Characters\imperial\female are a bit of a morass to navigate).

3) Far too closely linked to your own personal preferences ... are you really sure you want to play like Striker (most certainly not fit for general ... or maybe even human ... consumption).

4) Wrye Bash ... don't believe me, see what Bevi suggests from number 2.

- Edit - Oblivionaddicted wearing the :ninja: today ... but I get bonus points for completeness!

Have a look through mod comments in Roberts Male, OCO v2 and Blockhead for where I've gone into more detail on "how-to" for 2)b & d.

Edited by Striker879

1) Unofficial Patches ... e.g. Unofficial Oblivion Patch ... see mod description for further options.

EngineBugFixes ... requires OBSE.

2) Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion ... actually sort of a one-stop-shop for a lot of what you're asking.

3) Oblivion Character Overhaul version 2 ... note that this is trying to follow your order of suggestion requests, not install order.

a. EVE HGEC Eyecandy Variants Expansion & RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52 ... both include complete equipment replacers and some options for base body types.

b. Blockhead ... how much time you spend Blockheading = how much variety you'll get.

SetBody Reloaded Blockhead Edition ... you can use it as an easier, softer method of the "how much time" part above, or you can be like an old school dinosaur like me and use it as a source of meshes for the getting your own hands dirty method.

c. See b. above.

d. See b & c above for body meshes ... FCPA Flat Chest Plump Ass Body Replacer ... includes the hairiest pubic hair option I've ever found (but the files in Textures\Characters\imperial\female are a bit of a morass to navigate).

3) Far too closely linked to your own personal preferences ... are you really sure you want to play like Striker (most certainly not fit for general ... or maybe even human ... consumption).

4) Wrye Bash ... don't believe me, see what Bevi suggests from number 2.