Fallout 3 - BSA archive invalidation not work(around)ing

votsisjr

Hello, my name is Votsisjr and i have an issue with Vortex when attempting to use the BSA archive invalidation workaround.

As mentioned in the title this is specificly for Fallout 3.

I enabled it in the settings and it shows up as installed but whenever i try to install any mod that requires it the vortex manager gives me an error saying that Archive Invalidation is not enabled.

The "mod" is in the mod list and is enabled.

So i looked some deeper into the web and found out that it had to do something with loading "loose" files i have tried installing mods with both the fallout 3 launcher option enbladed and disables and it yielded no diffrent result in my attempt to get succesfull archive invalidation.

I use the latest version of FOSE aswell.

My game has an .ini file

I have not manually changed anything.

I have the GOTY edition and thus have all the DLC's

Please help me out resolve my issue so i can have a good time in fallout 3 (not new vegas just litterly 3)

I am uncertain when Vortex was released and its currently stil in beta state but it looks really neat and much more proffessional then NMM in my opinion. I wish u succes in finishing the product and look forward to the end result:)

You may have to complete the VAI installation manually.

First, confirm that you have a Vortex Archive Invalidation folder in your Fallout 3 Mod Staging Folder. The folder contains two items - "ini Tweaks" and "Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa."

Next, open the "Fallout.ini" file in your My Games folder and make a backup copy of it. Then insert and/or modify the following lines in the [Archive] section. Do not delete any lines already there. Just modify them, if needs be. Save the file, and play your game.

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
bUseArchives=1
SArchiveList=Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa, Fallout - Textures.bsa, Fallout - Meshes.bsa, Fallout - Voices.bsa, Fallout - Sound.bsa, Fallout - MenuVoices.bsa, Fallout - Misc.bsa
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Hello, thank you for replying to my post and helping me out.

I have checked and i have the lines u descripted in my fallout.ini (i admit i was naughty (stupid actually) and copied over the lines you wrote and then pasted them into noteblok over the original ones)

I think somehow my archive BSA in not in the correct folder.

My mod staging folder is in fallout 3 goty > data

this map contains the following the submaps:

Fallout 3 mods (i named and placed that there as the mod location this is the staging folder and contains Vortex archive invalidation (with the sub files u described)

- The above named map is linked as the mod staging folder in vortex.

ini tweaks (contains an 1kb file named _folder_managed_by_vortex)

music

shaders

video

and alot of BSA/ESM files from fallout.

While i wrote this post i tried to make as mentioned as u said but i still have no succes. Somehow i am certain that i am making a common mistake and this issue should have already been fixed with what u have described.

i had it outside before and it still dident work (yes it was on the same drive)

If your folders are properly placed, then disable the VAI mod and run deploy. Then enable the mod and deploy. Verify that "Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa" is present in your game data folder. Check your "Fallout.ini" file and re-edit if the VAI lines have been removed and/or changed in [Archive]. If you have to edit, then you should probably deploy the mod one more time. That may not be necessary, but it won't hurt to do it.

Here is a picture of the .ini settings in my game of Fallout 3.

Settings are the same as in the picture u linked.

Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa seems to be missing how do i obtain this file? and do i just put it with the other Bsa files?

Open your Mod Staging Folder and locate the folder "Vortex Archive Invalidation." Open the folder and copy the file "Vortex - BSA Redirection.bsa." Then paste the .bsa into your game data folder. Be sure that Archive Invalidation is enabled on your Vortex mods page.

Alright i have done this.

When i launched the game (without mods) 2 new files where added to my >Data folder:

vortex.deployment.sjon

vortex - BSA redirection .BSA.vortex_Back

I tried to install a mod and it said i still had no archive invalidation.

Thank you kindly for replying to everything so far. unfortunate i will now not be able to reply till tomorrow but i thank you for all help provided so far and look forward to future replies.