Moving on from Blender 2.49b

So I'm one of the crazies out there who still frequently use Blender 2.49b. I started using it ages ago, found scripts for most of the games I was playing at the time, and continued happily.

But then, at some point years ago, Blender 2.5 was released. I downloaded it to try it out. And was completely horrified. It didn't look or feel at all like what I was using previously. And I'd imagine many others felt this way too. Adoption of it was very low. None of my commonly used scripts ever had a 2.5x version.

Fast forward to 2018 (19). I'm still using 2.49b, but scripts are finally leaving older versions behind. Blender 2.7x is out. Bugfixes, new features, new game support; etc.

But I still can't get over the interface, and the fact that I'm going to have to relearn 'Blender'.

But I need to.

So my question to the community, is there any to make 2.7 feel less alien??

Your not as crazy as you think, I keep seeing Tutorial reference 2.49 for Nif2Blender...but I'm waiting for one that works with 2.78.

And yes there is a way to make 2.7 feel less Alien via BornCG tutorials, why

- He doesn't rant or mumble (Clearly spoken)

- He tells what you need to know right their and then for beginners

- He shows simple & fast ways of doing stuff and doesn't skip anything

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdioEctcBLd2nw2aQkl8msw

Also if your wondering which version to use as 2.8 purged the Game Engine (Pandas & Armory3D as replacement) & Old Blender Render (Cycles Render is good) and you care then stop at 2.79