FOMOD issue (FNV and a few other games)

WillTDP

This is an issue I've read multiple times reported by other users. Vortex has a problem with FOMOD packages and doesn't install them properly. This leads to mods like Fallout Character Overhaul (3.0 and 2.3.1) messing up because not all the meshes where put in place bcs the FOMOD installer didn't do what is was supposed to do...

It's not Vortex, the problem is with the FOMODS being improperly packaged, ESPECIALLY FCO, it is missing meshes and/or textures and his has bad texture paths in some of the nifs.

It's near impossible to get FCO to work, I've tried it, and even after downloading all of the 'fix patches', and follwing several different tutorials I always, always ended up with missing meshes and/or textures.

It's not Vortex, the problem is with the FOMODS being improperly packaged, ESPECIALLY FCO, it is missing meshes and/or textures and his has bad texture paths in some of the nifs.

It's near impossible to get FCO to work, I've tried it, and even after downloading all of the 'fix patches', and follwing several different tutorials I always, always ended up with missing meshes and/or textures.

Ik about this, but back when I used NMM I also had FCO 3.0 installed and there it worked perfectly. But I couldn't get it to work in Vortex

This is an issue I've read multiple times reported by other users. Vortex has a problem with FOMOD packages and doesn't install them properly. This leads to mods like Fallout Character Overhaul (3.0 and 2.3.1) messing up because not all the meshes where put in place bcs the FOMOD installer didn't do what is was supposed to do...

Recently I installed FCO for Fallout NV, and the install process was flawless. I played my game with FCO for about two weeks. In that time I did not notice any mesh and/or texture weirdness. I finally uninstalled the mod because I simply did not like the aesthetics of the FCO makeover.

As for Vortex having a problem with FOMOD's, that is simply false. I've been using Vortex for almost a year now, and the only FOMOD issues I've had resulted from improperly packaged mods. I've seen the FOMOD rumor about Vortex in a number of different places. On the basis of my own experience, I would say that the FOMOD problem is not a Vortex problem. Rather, the problem is people who don't know how to use Vortex properly.