Levelling Issue Dragon Age Awakening

Mallerstang

Hi all,

I have done all 3 of the main quest lines in Awakening and all my characters are stuck at level 25. My warden has not gained any experience at all. I have heard that this may be an issue with a mod. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have a number of mods installed and all mod gear has moved across OK.

Experience worked OK in origins.

I have tried the console command addxp but nothing happens. Console command to add money does work.

kind regards

M

OK, here goes. These have been added over a period of time, and have had to be reinstalled a couple of times due to move to new PC and also O/S crash, but all were working reasonably well prior to awakening. I have had Dark Times installed in the past but could not get this to work after the last crash so have not got it now (haven't actually uninstalled it though).

alley of murders

sylvan whisper

Dahlialynne's sleep till dawn

phoenix armory

no helmet hack 1.5 and 1.6

chain of orlais

dalish quest rc1_3

isle of broken dreams

nbaio override

Hope that helps. Also at one time I had sexy mage robes installed but at times there were issues with body textures becoming discoloured with these plus they were game-breaking so I uninstalled this.

M

Hi

Cheers. I have tried uninstalling Broken Dreams, Alley of Murders, Chain of Orlais and dalish quest and starting a new game of Awakening.

Only just started so ealry days but tried the console command addxp and that didn't work. Killed a few darkspawn including the ogre and shrieks and neither my MC nor Mhairi have gained any exp yet - perhaps it's too early.

I uninstalled the mods via DA Modmanager.

Would the lite armor mod be causing an issue?

M

Have you tried actually uninstalling Dark Times, rather than just disabling it?

Did you install and remove any other mods not listed in post #3, particularly DAzip mods? If so, how were they installed and removed? (If by any means other than DAO-ModManager, you may have files that were left behind which will require manual deletion.)

Have you used the toolset at all, even if it was just to open files and look at them? If so, there may be 'garbage files' which were left behind.

Also, check your override folder for any GDA files with 'exptable' in the file name.

Hi

thanks so much for that reply. Yes there are other mods in there but they have not caused issues in the past.

DT has not caused issues before but as you suggest something is now corrupt.

I tried to delete what I could from unrequired mods and then interestingly, I have found that if I create a new Orlesian warden rather than import an existing origins character, then experience IS accrued for both the warden and Mhairi. If I try to import one of my origins characters, experience is not accrued.....??

I was rather hoping to have another fling at the Harvester with my latest super-rogue from origins/awakening but it may be that, short of a re-install and total re-build of mods, I might have to be content with starting with a new Orlesian warden.

M

I was at level 25 when I finished origins.

I have found that if I start a new game of awakening and import from a save when my character was level 24, that I DO gain exp up to level 25, then my character stops gaining exp once that level is reached.

Also if I import from an early save in origins, the character begins awakening at level 18 (with options to add abilities etc up to that level), and gains exp from the get go - though I have not tried to see if the character will continue to gain exp beyond the next level, or, if that does happen, whether they go on to exceed level 25.

Does this give anybody any clues as to what might be happening?

many thanks

M

Another discovery.

Using the new level 18 character I created when I started a new game of awakening (instead of importing my origins character), I was able, by using the addxp console command, to increase the said new character's exp up to level 25.

But I can not get the character to gain any further exp beyond level 25 by using this command.

It is as if I now have a level cap of 25 in awakening, same as origins has.

Any ideas anyone?

M