Looking for help Transferring/Recreating Street Orphans Mod to SE

CyrusAmell

Hello everyone, another beautiful day on the Nexus.

With that said, I want to all say that there is a notable difference between Skyrim Legendary Edition and Skyrim Special Edition when it comes to the availability of mods. Said difference being that although most of the major mods made the jump from Legendary to Special thanks to their awesome creators, a number of smaller mods were left unforgotten. One of these mods was by MrStoob and was called "Lucia and Sofie Sleep Well" which received a respectable 76 endorsements and over 1000 downloads.

Link here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/86395?tab=posts

The mod basically gives Lucia and Sofie better places to sleep than on the streets of their respective cities. As the mod author notes, they have it worse starting out than the other Non-Honorhall Orphans (at least by comparison). I would imagine that, for most who don't use multiple adoption mods, that this is the reason they would adopt these two children first and foremost. As a Dragonborn, I have only ever adopted these two myself.

This mod appeals caught my eye because I wanted to make another Dragonborn that didn't adopt kids. Or if I did end up adopting kids, it would be after a long period of time. So a mod that alleviates the condition of Sofie and Lucia would be a good alteration to the world-state for such a run. I messaged the mod creator on both the mod page and by forum mail and received no response.

So I was hoping to ask 3 things of anyone available:

1. Can I port this mod to Skyrim SE without any modifications? I know this is the case for some mods but I was hoping to run this by anyone more experienced before trying it out myself (I am a bit of a noob in this regard).

2. If it can't be ported, is there anyone who would like to try setting it up on the SE Nexus or something similar to it for the convenience of others?

3. Beyond simply the script, would a version that adds a small mat where the girls sleep be possible? This would be an alteration to the setting and may cause conflicts with some city and shop mods but most players might be able to use it.

If anyone can get back to me on this matter I would be grateful.

Thanks for your time, and good luck saving Skyrim with your Dragonborn!