Looking for Idle mod only for the player

GamerSince1992

So Blockhead didn't work?

- Edit - My bad ... I just read back through the thread and saw your edit that says it didn't work. When I posted the original directions I made an error with the file name. It should be ...

Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims\Idle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf

... and I screwed up and put a backslash where there was supposed to be an underscore ( _ ). The file names used for Blockhead animation overrides are very long and it is possible (especially if you installed the game in Program Files) for the entire path for some animations that have long vanilla file names to be over the character limit for Windows (255 characters long).

That won't be an issue for Idle.kf as it has a short file name. Files like HandToHandFastForward.kf or OneHandFastForward.kf is where you can run into the length of the file name issue.

Edited by Striker879

Yes ... the file name in my edit above is now correct. I only mentioned the long file name situation as information in case you were installed in Program Files. No matter where you have the game installed you will need to use that file name for Blockhead animation overrides to work (which is also why it didn't work when I made that mistake with the file name before).

You renamed a copy of SeductiveIdleB.kf to Idle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf and that renamed file is located in Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims\ ... correct.

As I indicated back in the beginning, I don`t know what the criteria are that the game uses to decide when to play an idle, and which idle to play. I know that using Blockhead`s animation overrides works reliably to change an individual NPCs walk or combat animations, but I think the game treats idles as a whole `nother thing altogether.

The 00000007 part of the formID is the player. If you wanted to apply it to another NPC you'd need to get their formID first (either from the UESP Wiki or Construction Set for vanilla NPCs or from the CS for mod added NPCs).

Edited by Striker879