Problem with custom settlements workshops names

Excoter

What causes settlement's name on pip-boy's workshop list to show as generic "Commonwealth", when map etc shows accurate name correctly?

I have been cleaning with CK these settlement mods I downloaded, but some keeps showing as "Commonwealth" on list even everything looks done correctly in CK.

Used cells are renamed wilderness cells, locations are created correctly and same with zones...

From where the pip-boy's workshop list names are taken? Can it be that instead workshop location name is displayed, somehow the world space name (Commonwealth) is displayed?

I would really appreciate advice on this from more experienced settlement modders.

Are ALL cells within the build area set up properly with the encounter zone and location? You can press "b" in the CK to show the cell borders. It's the yellow lines. The workbench, and the various workshop markers must be in cells with the correct location.

In-game, you can also open the console, click the workbench, and type "sv myLocation" to get the formID of the location it was set up with.

it could be that you have a mod conflict, and another mod simply undoes the changes to the cells, so that they have the default Commonwealth location again.

It could also be that the mod's workshop registration quest is just broken. There are a lot of really bad settlement mods out there.

Keep in mind that you can NOT fix a broken settlement mod once it's in your save. If something went wrong during the workshop registration quest, the only thing you can do is load an earlier save. No amount of messing around in the CK or even xEdit will fix this.

Thanks for tips.

You are very correct, there is a lot of very poorly made settlements mods available. I am testing now each with totally new game starts, where I can use save from before that mod was installed.

Is it critical that DefaultEmptyTrigger and SetOwnWorkshop center points are located in the same cell with workbench?.. I have seen very wide variety how build areas are made.

If you want/need to setup fast travel marker to different cell than workbench, what is a best way to do it?

No, they don't have to be all in the same cell. The important thing is, that they are in cells which have your settlement's location and encounter zone. They aren't for my Fairline Hills and Eden Meadows settlements, for example. However, I don't use trigger boxes for workshop ownership in either of them.

You might also want to install xEdit and clean some of those mods beforehand. I won't get into detail about that here, but the short version is: rightclick the mod, select "apply filter for cleaning", and then again rightclick and somewhere in the menu use "remove identical to master records" and, more imporant, "undelete and disable vanilla references" (not sure how exactly it's called).

Especially the latter (deleted vanilla references) tend to cause CTDs otherwise...

The Commonwealth name can be caused by an existing workshop build boundary (the green highlighty thing) being re-used rather than duplicated. Boston Airport oblong is the usual one.

If markers and triggers are spread across different cells, all the cells need to be included in the same location record See Step 6 in this article.

The Commonwealth name can be caused by an existing workshop build boundary (the green highlighty thing) being re-used rather than duplicated. Boston Airport oblong is the usual one.

Thanks for this info, havent seen this on any guide out there.