Cant sort plugins due to "conflicts" on rules that dont exist

HustleKingVRS1

I have been playing with this mod list just fine for a while but upon starting a new game I wanted to make a few changes to the load order (I avoid doing it mid game for anything major, just in case). The only change I made to the mod list that had already been sorted by vortex was to try and make vivid weathers load after my other lighting mods so the in game lighting changer would work (it wasn't working so I assume it was because I had other lighting mods loading after the vivid weathers plugin) So all I did was create a rule, ONE single rule that told vivid weathers to load AFTER darker nights, which was already at the bottom of my load order. When I clicked sort, it popped an alert that said it can't sort because of cyclic rules. I have had this before and I understand it just fine and have been able to fix it every time without issue. THIS time is different, however because A: It wont let me view the diagram where I can remove the rules that are conflicting and B: NONE of the plugins it lists has ANY custom rules (or any built in rules that should cause conflicts)

I'm very confused because, like I said, I had already sorted this exact list many times without any conflicts and this time it found a bunch. I even removed the SINGLE rule that I made that started this mess but that didn't do anything, it still finds a bunch of conflicts.

I have been playing with this mod list just fine for a while but upon starting a new game I wanted to make a few changes to the load order (I avoid doing it mid game for anything major, just in case). The only change I made to the mod list that had already been sorted by vortex was to try and make vivid weathers load after my other lighting mods so the in game lighting changer would work (it wasn't working so I assume it was because I had other lighting mods loading after the vivid weathers plugin) So all I did was create a rule, ONE single rule that told vivid weathers to load AFTER darker nights, which was already at the bottom of my load order. When I clicked sort, it popped an alert that said it can't sort because of cyclic rules. I have had this before and I understand it just fine and have been able to fix it every time without issue. THIS time is different, however because A: It wont let me view the diagram where I can remove the rules that are conflicting and B: NONE of the plugins it lists has ANY custom rules (or any built in rules that should cause conflicts)

I'm very confused because, like I said, I had already sorted this exact list many times without any conflicts and this time it found a bunch. I even removed the SINGLE rule that I made that started this mess but that didn't do anything, it still finds a bunch of conflicts.

Some plugins have built in rules from loot assigned to them.

You're trying to move those plugins above or below another plugin which is causing the cyclic rules.

Let Vortex sort them instead.

Be sure to click on, and remove EVERY orange Line between Plugins that the Conflict screen shows you when you have cyclic rules

You're trying to move those plugins above or below another plugin which is causing the cyclic rules.

Be sure to click on, and remove EVERY orange Line between Plugins that the Conflict screen shows you when you have cyclic rules

I checked the built in rules, none of them should conflict and they never did before despite me having vortex sort it many times. I can't get to the screen where I can click the orange line between plugins..It doesn't give me that option. I said all this in the orginal post. Thank you for trying to help.

Edited by HustleKingVRS1

I checked the built in rules, none of them should conflict and they never did before despite me having vortex sort it many times. I can't get to the screen where I can click the orange line between plugins..It doesn't give me that option. I said all this in the orginal post. Thank you for trying to help.

Oh hang on, one thing I forgot, you may have gotten rid of the rules, but I bet the Plugins are still showing cyclic rules because on or more of the plugins have been added to a GROUP that is trying to load the plugin after the other one, causing the cyclic error

Oh hang on, one thing I forgot, you may have gotten rid of the rules, but I bet the Plugins are still showing cyclic rules because on or more of the plugins have been added to a GROUP that is trying to load the plugin after the other one, causing the cyclic error

THAT is possible. I will check that. I did put some into groups to get them where I wanted them. Thank you.

Best thing I can advise, Look at each mod/plugin in the error message. Check their rules seperately, note them down somewhere. A cyclic rule is where something is trying to load before or after something that is being told to load before or after in a different order of rules. so it starts being like B>A>C>B>A>C etc with no actual plugin set as the start. so if you map out the order of rules oyu have set on the mods in the error message you may find out where the problem actually lies

Y

You solved it my friend. It was the groups. I changed a couple to default in the group that were showing conflicts and now it sorts just fine. Thank you very much.

Y

You solved it my friend. It was the groups. I changed a couple to default in the group that were showing conflicts and now it sorts just fine. Thank you very much.

YES!!!!