One thing I want for Vortex pls... UP / Down plug/mod button

Arioch13

For me vortex is ok. Not so much better than NMM but an upgrade. But the one thing I find very obviously missing. Is that you cant just click on a mod or plugin and make the load order move up or down at the click of a button.

Trying the various ways of doing the same with Vortex biggest weakness for me.

For me vortex is ok. Not so much better than NMM but an upgrade. But the one thing I find very obviously missing. Is that you cant just click on a mod or plugin and make the load order move up or down at the click of a button.

You don't need to sort the plugins AT ALL.

Vortex does this automatically, and eventually you''' learn to get rid of the bad habits that NMM teaches you.

Instead, the IMPORTANT sorting goes on in the MODs Tab, for Meshes, Textures, BSAs, BA2s etc.

HadToRegister is right. You don't need to sort your plugins at all. Vortex does it for you using integrated LOOT sorting.

Vortex has therefore made manual load ordering virtually obsolete. In the few cases where you may need to customize plugin load order, you do so by creating a rule and/or assigning the plugin to a plugin group. For almost a year now I've used Vortex to manage multiple games and hundreds of mods. In that time I've made plugin group assignments about five times. It turned out that only two of those assignments were really necessary. Vortex took care of everything else.

Freed from plugin load order worries, you are now able to concentrate on the important sorting, as HadToRegister has already explained. The issues to which he refers are ones that only you can resolve, viz., file conflicts (overlapping files).

Finally, it's important to understand that Vortex is not an upgrade for NMM or any other mod manager, for that matter. Vortex is a unique tool with built-in capabilities that other mod managers do not possess. Chief among these are plugin load ordering, file conflict resolution, and external changes management.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

Guest deleted34304850

can i ask you - how did you sort your plugins in nmm?

i know its possible to enable/disable them - but how did you sort them in nmm?

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I liked NMM and it's a real shame Vortex doesn't have this functionality, especially since even after hours of tampering I don't understand the layout or the mod organisation systems in Vortex.

Try the dragging thing in the plugins, doesn't work for me but might for you.

In the case of kcd which is the one I'm using mod. Inside the folder mod has a txt that says order. Moving the names there, you order how to start the mods. I also see a pretty good option in many games to moderate. But this vortex does not exist. As I said they add appearance and consumption, but essential conseas are not set. NNM being simpler and with lower consumption I had all this!

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I liked NMM and it's a real shame Vortex doesn't have this functionality, especially since even after hours of tampering I don't understand the layout or the mod organisation systems in Vortex.

Vortex doesn't have this specifically for that reason.

People come from NMM believing they have to spend hours arranging their ESPS in the order THEY want, or read on some Reddit Guide.

With vortex you don't need to manually sort your ESPs, in fact I would hazard, that if you find yourself spending more than 15 seconds "sorting" your ESPs, then you're using Vortex really really wrong.

Your main focus is to properly sort your MOD files, when vortex tells you there's a Conflict.

All the problems I've seen so far with people complaining about messed up cyclic rules and ESPs, not working, have all been self-inflicted, because the user is trying to use Vortex like NMM.

In the case of kcd which is the one I'm using mod. Inside the folder mod has a txt that says order. Moving the names there, you order how to start the mods. I also see a pretty good option in many games to moderate. But this vortex does not exist. As I said they add appearance and consumption, but essential conseas are not set. NNM being simpler and with lower consumption I had all this!

If you were happier with NMM by all means, it's still available to download.

Just click on this Github link and download the latest version of it. 0.65.11

If you were happier with NMM by all means, it's still available to download.

Just click on this Github link and download the latest version of it. 0.65.11

I'm happier with that, but it does not have support for KCD! In Skyrim is the one that I use!

Vortex doesn't have this specifically for that reason.

People come from NMM believing they have to spend hours arranging their ESPS in the order THEY want, or read on some Reddit Guide.

With vortex you don't need to manually sort your ESPs, in fact I would hazard, that if you find yourself spending more than 15 seconds "sorting" your ESPs, then you're using Vortex really really wrong.

Your main focus is to properly sort your MOD files, when vortex tells you there's a Conflict.

All the problems I've seen so far with people complaining about messed up cyclic rules and ESPs, not working, have all been self-inflicted, because the user is trying to use Vortex like NMM.

What reason? The plugin sorting in Nexus Mod Manager functioned perfectly and I managed to patch mod conflicts without any hassle. LOOT doesn't solve every conceivable problem with every conceivable load order and I find both the dependency and plugin management in Vortex extremely difficult in comparison, even if I treat it like the mod management programs it was based off rather than NMM