One thing I want for Vortex pls... UP / Down plug/mod button

Arioch13

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I liked NMM and it's a real shame Vortex doesn't have this functionality, especially since even after hours of tampering I don't understand the layout or the mod organisation systems in Vortex.

Try the dragging thing in the plugins, doesn't work for me but might for you.

Vortex doesn't have this specifically for that reason.

People come from NMM believing they have to spend hours arranging their ESPS in the order THEY want, or read on some Reddit Guide.

With vortex you don't need to manually sort your ESPs, in fact I would hazard, that if you find yourself spending more than 15 seconds "sorting" your ESPs, then you're using Vortex really really wrong.

Your main focus is to properly sort your MOD files, when vortex tells you there's a Conflict.

All the problems I've seen so far with people complaining about messed up cyclic rules and ESPs, not working, have all been self-inflicted, because the user is trying to use Vortex like NMM.

What reason? The plugin sorting in Nexus Mod Manager functioned perfectly and I managed to patch mod conflicts without any hassle. LOOT doesn't solve every conceivable problem with every conceivable load order and I find both the dependency and plugin management in Vortex extremely difficult in comparison, even if I treat it like the mod management programs it was based off rather than NMM

Like I said, people coming from NMM INSIST that you need to sort plugins, when you don't Vortex does it automatically with the built in LOOT.

The IMPORTANT sorting is the MOD part, the textures, meshes, BA2, BSA etc.

NMM makes people believe that PLUGIN sorting is Important, when it's not really.

That's why Vortex does it automatically and lets you focus on sorting the important stuff.

That's why people who LOVE NMM, end up hating Vortex, because they insist on trying to use Vortex like NMM, and they get frustrated.

On the rare occasion you actually need to manually sort an ESP, you can assign it to a group that will load after of before the other ESP and you're done, no more of this silly ESP ordering for absolutely no reason.

You are free to keep using NMM if you want, so unless you're in here for support for Vortex, here's the download link for NMM, enjoy

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I liked NMM and it's a real shame Vortex doesn't have this functionality, especially since even after hours of tampering I don't understand the layout or the mod organisation systems in Vortex.

Try the dragging thing in the plugins, doesn't work for me but might for you.

Vortex doesn't have this specifically for that reason.

People come from NMM believing they have to spend hours arranging their ESPS in the order THEY want, or read on some Reddit Guide.

With vortex you don't need to manually sort your ESPs, in fact I would hazard, that if you find yourself spending more than 15 seconds "sorting" your ESPs, then you're using Vortex really really wrong.

Your main focus is to properly sort your MOD files, when vortex tells you there's a Conflict.

All the problems I've seen so far with people complaining about messed up cyclic rules and ESPs, not working, have all been self-inflicted, because the user is trying to use Vortex like NMM.

What reason? The plugin sorting in Nexus Mod Manager functioned perfectly and I managed to patch mod conflicts without any hassle. LOOT doesn't solve every conceivable problem with every conceivable load order and I find both the dependency and plugin management in Vortex extremely difficult in comparison, even if I treat it like the mod management programs it was based off rather than NMM

I wonder if Beer Ambassador really uses this tool. Because it takes me a lot more than 15 seconds. Make all my mods compatible and not only that, but also when I modify the folders so Vortex works correctly. It detects that there was a change and it comes out to replace and I do not know what else and it replaces these folders to the default one, making me oblige to modify them manually every time I install a new mod. Since Vortex does not stop recognizing manually modified folders. That I notice those modified folders manually. They are like this because thanks to these modifications you can have the mod pack compatible, you think mod made in the week or month. But when it comes to some older mod in the case of KCD you have to add some things manually. Because those folders are not made by Vortex. I think that wanting to automate so much the tool makes it deficient. Because it does not have the same system for all the games added and not only that, but the way to install a mod varies if new versions are added, as is the case with KCD. That first the mod was in Data. Then it happened to be mod and now has a kind of encapsulation in folders to make it work and this makes that in old mod require a touch up to work. That when you do Vortex you delete them because it detects that you modified the file!
PD: Sorry for my bad English I read and respond to travez from Google translator.
Edited by valencchu

I wonder if Beer Ambassador really uses this tool. Because it takes me a lot more than 15 seconds. Make all my mods compatible and not only that, but also when I modify the folders so Vortex works correctly. It detects that there was a change and it comes out to replace and I do not know what else and it replaces these folders to the default one, making me oblige to modify them manually every time I install a new mod. Since Vortex does not stop recognizing manually modified folders. That I notice those modified folders manually. They are like this because thanks to these modifications you can have the mod pack compatible, you think mod made in the week or month. But when it comes to some older mod in the case of KCD you have to add some things manually. Because those folders are not made by Vortex. I think that wanting to automate so much the tool makes it deficient. Because it does not have the same system for all the games added and not only that, but the way to install a mod varies if new versions are added, as is the case with KCD. That first the mod was in Data. Then it happened to be mod and now has a kind of encapsulation in folders to make it work and this makes that in old mod require a touch up to work. That when you do Vortex you delete them because it detects that you modified the file!
PD: Sorry for my bad English I read and respond to travez from Google translator.

There's an important distinction between load order (plugins) and install order (mods), which serious mod users need to be aware of. In speaking of 15 seconds, HadToRegister was referring to load order, not install order, as you apparently think.

There's an important distinction between load order (plugins) and install order (mods), which serious mod users need to be aware of. In speaking of 15 seconds, HadToRegister was referring to load order, not install order, as you apparently think.

Okay, misunderstand

All of the screenshots I post are from my copy of Vortex.

I've been using it since May of last year, and have spent time reading the Knowledge base and watching the tutorials

Vortex sorting does two things: It determins a working load order and applies it. The rules you can create are only needed to help out LOOT if it makes a mistake.

NMM does only one thing, it applies a load order that you figured out yourself.

That's why you can't compare NMM drag&drop ordering with Vortex rule-based ordering: You're ignoring that with NMM you have to invest time to figure out a working load order in the first place. A process that requires reading mod descriptions, checking plugins in xedit, trial&error and a ton of experience.

So the real comparison is:

manually figuring out a load order (which NMM does nothing to help with) + applying it with drag&drop vs. allowing autosort + fix the odd LOOT mistake with a rule or two.

On top of that, the rules you create in Vortex are stored and automatically reapplied. If you don't play your game for half a year, do you really remember the load order you figured out and why you did it?